OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

for an mk3 wouldn’t be too bad to have a full Morpho functionality in one of machines!..
and Echoplex/Loupe functions in Pickup machines
together with Flex/Statics would make a perfect sampler/louper
add better FX and analog saturation, some more outs and a contemporary sequencer and put any price on it
that’d be the sampler for another 20 years )

1 Like

In studio mode, it would be cool to have a cue balance control along with the cue level, so a track could have different balance/pan settings for the main and cue outputs. That way you could use the cue outputs as two mono sends instead of a single stereo send, without having to hard-pan your tracks in the main outputs.

5 Likes

More MIDI!

Bringing the Elektron sequencer paradigm to other gear is very valuable, but it could be developed a bit IMO.
Here are a bunch of features I’d love to see. With a coherent implementation across every Elektron machine.

• name CCs
  • saving MIDI configs similarly to Sounds
  • more random arps! Keystep37 has three different random arps : one regular rand one, another that sets a random order of the input notes and keeps it as long as it’s launched, and a “walk” one that respects some distance between random notes. Eurorack has tons of these…
  • MIDI trig conditions :white_check_mark:
  • plockable arps :white_check_mark:
  • plocakble CCs :white_check_mark:
  • several LFOs :white_check_mark:
  • more scales
  • retrig
  • 8 or at least 6-note chords (what’s with this 4-note limitation anyway?)
  • MIDI scenes
  • internal track routing (= being able to control the audio part of the device instead of just an external MIDI channel)
13 Likes

Is OB for OT out yet?

You’d know if it was. It would literally make front page of most major newspapers :joy:

3 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the Octatrack’s sequencer pretty much still best in class?
That is what Elektron is known for. What else could possibly make it better?

Man, I’d love to have more advanced midi features!

1 Like

I should’ve phrased it differently, not a different sequencer — which is still fine as it is — but some additional features and controls.
otherwise, it’s still relevant, still good or better than most. but there’re many functions discussed here that could make it even better, or modern so to say. maybe we’re spoiled by a host of interesting eurorack or digital sequencers of late, but there’re definitely things that could be added or simplified. here in this thread people came up with many interesting ideas, some simple enough, some daring, but most could be realised without altering the main Octa paradigm.
personally, I’d like more live performance fluidity, like jumps, holds, start/end step choice, etc — many ideas can be borrowed (or stolen) from other, generally weaker sequencers, which would only enhance Octa. but everything it has now should remain, ofc.

Hi all, i use OT a lot as a drum machine…

When doing sample locks, everytime i set a trig and i want to give it different sample from the machine sample list, I find it annoying having to scroll from the beginning of the list…

Change / add enable begining selection from currently selected sample …

• So if I select sample 32 for the machine, when i place a trig, and scroll with vol knob, i start from 32 - up, down…

**I believe most of us stack kicks, snares, hihats and this would enable us working faster? Sorry of its nonsense…

Cheers

6 Likes

Defo rooting for that too!!
At first I saw it as “more work”, but it does make sence to be able to copy trigs without machine/track config…

TRK + Rec/Copy would make it!!
While Func + Rec/Copy would copy only sequencer trigs … I like!

The possibility to work within the arranger in bars and not only in steps. Feeling a but tired to do maths when i just wanna add some bars.

1 Like

To be able to dim the screen separately from the button brightness. Right now on low the screen is perfectly readable, but the keys are a little dark.

1 Like

friendly reminder!

9 Likes

does anyone think OT will ever get another update?
i sure hope so but I have very little faith in it ever happening

Considering all the updates it has received, many that were years apart and several months after similar death nells to updates were proclaimed, yea I think they’ll give us another, if not a few more.

It’s still an active product being sold globally.

For current models:

• Compressor metering
  • Trig mutes (Digitakt style)

For a MkIII:

• analogue master output stage (saturation/“clean boost”)
  • MIDI over USB
  • audio over USB
  • 8 ins, 8 outs
  • delay and reverb on one track
  • updated FX from the newer lineup
4 Likes

Metering!

2 Likes

Existence

4 Likes

OT still beast but its fuckin 2022 we need more updates for dawless setup 🫠 for example : fx chain update :clown_face: need to use reverb & delay on 1 track and its impossible ( i know reverb copy past bug , but not workin well for me :slight_smile: )
Also need compressor visualization to see compressed signal . I remember someone said its technically impossible to do scenes in midi mode but still it would be great :drop_of_blood: and at least Eq values should be Freq 🥹

muting pages or tracks with locked paramterers from scenes

my idea is that while holding Scene A/B + Scale Setup(because is close and require only one hand to reach both) ,maybe when holding this two keys SCENE A/B LEDs goes green just to inform “i am in mute mode”,
holding them down now i can mute/umute pages or tracks with locked parameters in current scene,respective muted pages or tracks LEDs blinks,

mutes remains despite selecting other scenes/or not (maybe as option).
Scene A/B LEDs blinking if any page or track is muted
mute remembers value before and restores it back at unmute

bests