OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

Great idea, and polyphonic if possible (mk3 ?) Shame there’s not a single elektron sampler that is truly polyphonic per track

1 Like

coming back just to restate my desire for CUE PAN :pray:

imagine being able to send every channel to 2 separate external FX units like delays & reverbs or what have you.

4 Likes

Yeah, I know it puts more strain on memory speed limits to play samples at higher pitches but in flex it should work and I’d love it. No need for time stretch, I prefer the chirruping sound of straight faster playback!

1 Like

I agree, adding a lazy chop function to the AED would be great. I feel like it could easily be implemented, maybe by pressing FUNC-YES to start playback and slice one, with every additional YES push adding the next slice as it plays. Jonwayne has also been a recent inspiration for me to really work with slices, I’m sure he’d appreciate a lazy chop on the OT as well!

2 Likes

Workaround : slices.
64 chromatic semitones = 5 octaves and 4 semitones (more with scales).

Works with looped single cycle waveforms or one shots notes.

4 Likes

Nice tip. Could be interesting to try out generating that by sequencing the ESI-2000 and Slice Grid.

1 Like

I want this WERP mode of the DT on the OT. I never understood why this was not included in the OT to begin with. Cyclic timestretching is one of the easiest ways to timestretch and the workarounds to get it working on the OT just never sound right.

Elektron, would you please add it to the OT before you bid it farewell?

2 Likes

I’d like to have proper REPITCH on the OT

1 Like

Who here uses zero crossing constantly when editing audio on the Octatrack? Wouldn’t it be nice to not have to hold down FUNC the whole time while turning those knobs? Create an option to make zero crossing the default and the FUNC button disable it during editing.

1 Like

I know there are lots of requests for OT features, not least after DT 1.5, and most of them sound really great. I’m sure it has been mentioned before, but for me the feature I would most like is USB Audio/Midi. Personally, I’m not worried about Overbridge, as I don’t really use it on my other Electron devices, but the ability to stream audio in/out of OT from Ableton, would be amazing. It’s such an easy device to drag places and sit on the sofa or kitchen table, having this option would avoid the need to always have a audio interface. And, of course, exposing main, cue, AB, CD, as separate channels, would make it an amazing audio interface.

Sound activated sampling! You know - set a threshold - twang your instrument. That would be ace. Can we have that please?

1 Like

It’s been said many times but all I want is is to keep the effect tail when muting. It’s probably my biggest frustration when i’m listening back to my performances.

1 Like

Here, I use a Faderfox EC4 and set button press to Min/Max, and assign the CC to Track Vol.

Min set to -63 of course and Max to not necessarily +63.

1 Like

Have the ability to safe lock some parameters FOR EXAMPLE the inputs of a Thru machine.

Numerous times I’ve inadvertently stroked passed the knob and then the input has changed without my knowing.

Safe locking parameters such as these will be peace of mind.

It could be something like CUE+KNOB PRESS

You can lock parameters to the 2 scenes (and to the trigs). Should be safe !

2 Likes

Master track in studio mode.

You would basically have two master tracks
Track 4 master track for Main outs and track 8 would be master track for QUE out.

2 Likes

I’d rather call it CUE Master Track. (Studio mode only changes CUE mute behavior and display).

1 Like

Aah yes that’s true.

1 Like

Good idea about p-locking the Thru trigs to the inputs

1 Like

SAVE SAMPLE COPY sample name remains ,as optional

could be very useful if e.g. you generate samples for project and you need same names like synth1,synth2…