Overbridge 2.0.24 Public Beta

A4 MKI
Standalone version works fine.
FL Studio does see only Digitakt and Digitone devices and doesn’t see Analog Four.

Latest update for OB 2.024 and RYTM 1.5 and Mac OSX Mojave

Both installs went OK. including Analog Heat to 1.2

RYTM suffering from regression:
After 30 - 40 seconds playback VIA OB into DAW or Using RYTM as Audio out (just playing audio from Mac) The audio stream (bitrate) breaks down. All instrument or Audio feed becomes so degraded it just noise. I have to then turn it off.

On reboot of Device and Mac issue still occurs.

Streaming Audio via OB with this is now unusable.

Will have to downgrade or wait for patch. Anyone else?

I’m still having the issue with Rytm that samples are not showing up in assign list in Overbridge

Still with Heat presets not showing up in Overbridge

I have to keep turning units off and on a few times to get them to show

Annoying

1 Like

I’ve experienced that it can sometimes take a very very long time for it to populate. What happens if you just wait?

1 Like

I’m finally getting on the OB train with my new DN and DT but for some reason OB doesn’t see either at all.
I installed Ableton 10, installed Overbridge 2.0.24 and transfer. Both the DT and DN are up to date, yet nothing.
Was I supposed to install the firmware in this thread? The numbers are the same as Elektron.se so I thought I was good.
Any ideas?

Ah… it appears I do need to download custom firmware

downloaded this but need help :frowning:

using this with ableton 10

before this update, when i changed tracks, my keyboard (MIDI set to omni, all incoming notes) always control the active sound. since this update the keyboard only controls track 1.

please help :frowning:

You’ve got to set the Auto Channel on the Elektron and match your keyboard output to that channel, then it will always control active track.

Already tried this - gets hung up at “Removing shortcuts…” and then rolls back and won’t install. Already put in a ticket. But now OB is completely unusable and I can’t even uninstall or install old versions anymore!

Thanks mate but it was not successful :sob:

When I sety Ableton MIDI out to 9-Analog Four (corresponding to my Analog Four auto channel setting for MIDI channel 9) I can’t seem to control anything. The only channels that work are 1-4.

I guess auto channel doesn’t work with A4 in overbridge mode :slightly_frowning_face:

Nothing

I can sit in session for hours and the only thing that will fix is switching units on and off again… sometimes even this didn’t work and I have to do an empty reset.

Frustrating

I remember why I was DAWLESS for so long. Everytime a computer is involved, there is always issues with latency, updates, drivers, unsupported products, … You become a technician more than a creator. Not that I dislike understanding what is under the surface but hitting the PLAY button is a great feeling when everything is sync and working the way it should. These are the thoughts of an Elektron lover who is giving a chance at Overbridge.

2 Likes

@Olle any news on Diditone’s stuck notes? Is the issue worked on? Is it fixable, will it be fixed at some point or that’s unfixable hardware flaw?

Any ideas on what’s going on here? I have A4Keys now on firmware 1.40, OB 2.0.24 & MacOSX 10.13.4 but no result, as in ‘No elektron over bridge device is currently connected’. Beats me why I get that message.

Same issue here with the digitakt, noticable latency for external midi sequencing. It would be just great if those midi tracks were as tight as the audio tracks (the audio track sync with ableton tempo is great IMO).

1 Like

I am getting same issue as well. Tried disabling driver signature checker and still no luck. Please help! OB no longer sees Analog Heat mkii since I updated the Heat to 1.2

*Edit — Analog heat now just making high pitch noise on output, with or without daw open. It is 100% unusable. How do I switch back to prior version? This is horrible :frowning: @Olle

Windows 10 Pro system - i9 9900k - 64gb ram

Could it be feedback? Check the Audio Routing option is the settings on the Heat and change the routing and see if it gets affected.

2 Likes

Hi. I am constantly getting crucial dropouts in ableton 10.1 and last OB trying to record sparate tracks from DT. Im got mac high sierra 10.13.6.

1 Like

This could be that your antivirus is affecting file installs - either due to a false positive virus detection or possibly sensitivity to the location of the installed files if in antivirus protected folders.
Try disabling it completely during the install process. (worked for me)

It looks like that might have been the case as after changing analog i/o from auto to in+out, it has fixed the issue. Probably has to do with overbridge… which still isn’t working on the new update. Installer won’t complete install and old overbridge version won’t recognize new analog heat firmware

1 Like