Overbridge 2.0.24 Public Beta

Yep. The reason an ADAT out would be a hell of a lot better than Overbridge.

But they didn’t listen!

I’m having major problems with this update with the A4mkII. None of the FX are working when connected to Overbridge, they just aren’t on and changing any parameters via the knobs or Overbridge yields zero results. Panning doesn’t work. Mute buttons don’t work. It makes the A4mkII only partly functional, which makes it not functional at all for the purpose of using it.

tbMBP, 10.14.6, Live 10.13

Stupid question,
My A4mk2 is on track 3, when i press multiple keys, the rest of the tracks are also triggered.
???

Dude the manuals are very in depth and explain all. Just go read. Also, the new OS versions for both are not Beta, they are normal stable releases.

1 Like

This is ok, and depends on your POLY CONFIG. You have 4 tracks, and you have 4 voices, but the voices can get assigned to different tracks. I guess you have polyphony enabled, so if you trigger more than one note from track 1, your machine will start voices 1, 2, 3 and 4 if you hit that many keys and the voices are available (not used by another track at the same time).

You work this out? I have it working? Have you looked where the dll for vst has been installed and found it with the plugin finder in FL and launched from there? I have A4mkii A4mkii and DT all running fine in FL.

ok, thnx, found it.

Can i downgrade to the good old 2017-ish computer friendly Overbridge and Analog OSes? Because now, with all this “latest and greatest” elektron software, nothing works.
I’m using a computer with 4GB RAM i3 CPU 2.35GHz. Yes, I know, I’m so 2017. Is there any hope for my computer or am I being left for dead?
Must I really buy a new computer to make this work?

it works in my ol little acer box with i3 no problems so far.
but im using only one instance or my Digitone/Digitakt

Ok. Yes, I noticed in my vst folder those digis were the only ones there suddenly. Pontless since I only use A4, AR and AH, all mk1.

I get absolutely no contact with my analog machines when in Overbridge mode. Really sucks. I managed to get contact when in USB MIDI mode to drop off those new OSes. Did it mainly for that randomize parameter page function. It is awesome! But still, sucks that i can not sync everything up with overbridge.

strange. its really a “nothing special” kind of pc. i3 -7130u 2,7 ghz
8gb ram Win10pro (x64. build 18362.418
CPU load around 14% with Overbridge/teamviewer/Chrome.

It’s probably something on your end man, working great for me on my W10 machine! Do some troubleshooting, I bet you can get it.

Ok. Thanks for info. I guess it’s time for a clean windows reinstall then.
Too much stuff and programs installed here anyway. I’ll report back soon.

1 Like

It’s likely in the configuration, but we can help?

Try one at a time (no hub).
Make sure the VSTs are in the right folder.
Are you able to see them in the dedicated app (not within the DAW)?

You shouldn’t need to reinstall the OS, but it wouldn’t hurt anything.

Clean, up and running windows 7 now. Installed the latest Overbridge, restarted computer after restart prompt. Overbridge Engine running at startup. All vsts were installed in the default steinberg location both 32 and 64 bit. Looks ok so far. Connected with USB cable the Analog Heat and power it on, and yes, it is in Overbridge mode. Problem: Small note down in right side of windows screen: “Driver were not properly installed”. I open the Overbridge Engine and nothing is detected there. I open Overbridge Control Panel and nothing is detected there. I did everything by the book and do not know how to continue this troubleshooting.

When my Analogs is in MIDI only mode they are being installed perfectly, but in Overbridge mode I get the message:

“Device driver software was not successfully installed
Click here for details”

and when I click there, a box opens that tells me:
“No driver found”
And giving me an option to
“search Windows Update for drivers”
but I read in the Overbridge manual; that is a no go.

Still no detection in Engine or Overbridge Control Panel.
When I open my DAW, renoise_3.2 or ableton_10, I cant use them as interfaces obviously.

Is it some compatability issues with windows7. Do I need windows 10?

Install windows 10, there is a way to get it working with 7 but Elektron states that only W10 is supported. You should be able to obtain a free upgrade license through official channels still.

1 Like

any chance Model Samples will get to connect with this?

I cant seem to figure out why overbridge keeps pausing and my AR MK1 and then starting it again. Am I doing something in my AR MK1 settings wrong?

1 Like

please add more info…mac,pc, sequencer etc… etc…