Overbridge 2.0.37: tech discussion

Ah, yes…sorry, I didn’t make that connection. Good luck! It certainly adds value to the use of the A4.

people still having the disappearing sound pool issue? I am, contacted support only to be told they couldn’t recreate it

I use my Analog Heath mk II as a sound card, connected to a Overhub to a LG UltraFine 5K display (itself a USB 3.1 hub) to a MacBook Pro 16 (2019, 2,4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, macOS 10.15.5). Everything I describe below happens also when Overhub is connected directly to the Mac.

Overbridge 2.0.37 is a lot more stable than any of my previous experience with it. Almost everything works great, but there are still 2 issues that are open and annoying:

a) If I turn the Analog Heath on before I turn the Mac on (full boot), the Analog Heath is not recognised at all, and I need to turn it off and on again for the Mac to see it again. This did not happen with my older MacBook Pro 15 (2017). This does not happen when waking the MacBook back from sleep

b) If the Mac is on and I connect it to the display / Overhub, then the Analog Heath is automatically recognised and becomes the active audio card, however sometimes the output from the Analog Heat is distorted and makes “tick” sounds. Sorry I did not think of making a recording. Turning off and on again the Analog Heath does not solve the problem. However, putting the laptop to sleep and waking it up again fixes it.

I know this is very little stuff in respect to problems others are having, but may give the developers hints as to weaknesses of the current version that may impact others more meaningfully.

G.

1 Like

I’m gonna try this once more…

(Windows update seems to have ruined me - now my DT just shows as “initialising” and flashes between that and not being read at all… still works fine on my other laptop though… This is one of those times I hate Windows…)

stay the course, you’ll get there! It’s like a puzzle - usually all the pieces usually are there.

2 Likes

I get a lot of latency with Digitone OB running in reaper/win10. Is there a fix for this?

I just installed the new Overbridge + Digitakt firmware updates from last week and I seem to now have no latency at all in Ableton while in USB, without having to do any latency compensation of any sort in Ableton’s settings. Do you confirm this on your end? This OB is getting better and better!