Overbridge 2.0.37: tech discussion

I did. Don t want superfluous stuff loaded on my laptop when I don t need it.

Ok. Got it working. Here are the steps below (I’m using Windows 10). It’s not about doing it several times and it just magically works, it’s about doing it the right way once. This is what I discovered works:

1. Turn off or disconnect all elektron devices from the computer
  2. Uninstall OB from the OB 2.0.37 file
  3. Restart computer
  4. Install OB from the OB 2.0.37 file
  5. Restart computer
  6. Turn on and connect all Elektron devices - they are now communicating with the PC and OB.

That’s it.

5 Likes

Whew, after a lot of frustrations and troubleshooting (and the extremely kind and patient help of @AdamJay), I think I have it working finally.

Digitone is a picky lil shit. LOL

3 Likes

Same here. I did step for step what you did and now we’re running. Transfer is working again also. Stoked. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

With Digitone and Overbridge Standalone app on Windows 10, when I connect my modular synth’s headphone out to the Input L and R, it immediately disconnects from the app.
However, the inputs work normal when I connect my phone’s headphone out to the input. Maybe there’s some sort of power interference on my end, or maybe it’s the app, I’m not really sure.

Wow you are right. I didn’t even think of that. I tried just using a single cycle sine wave on f. loop and it was clean. I boosted it with gain and then compressed it pretty heavily like 10db with a plugin alliance elysia mpressor. No noise. I was way wrong. 1. Thank you. 2. I redact my statement and my feelings. I was worried that my machine was faulty and my worry got in the way of logical thinking. My bad everyone. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Mac OsX questions

Overbridge 2 Beta included osx 10.11
Overbridge 2 Full say’s 10.12 and up .

Anyone tried Overybridge 2 Full with osx 10.11 ?

I really do not want to upgrade my system.

I have had no success with an A4 MKi and this version of Overbridge.

I am running 10.15.4 on a 15" MBP with latest A4 firmware. When I have Transfer running MIDI in and out show up, and disappear when Overbridge mode is selected on the A4, so clearly there is communication between A4 and MBP, but Overbridge never recognises the A4.

I’ve done multiple uninstall, restart, reinstall, restart cycles to no avail. I’ve also (despite the clear evidence of communication between devices) changed hubs and USB cords…

At a loss after reading lengthy threads on the subject…for what it’s worth the 1.x version of overbridge did work with this A4.

Saving kits on the A4/AK via OB is pretty poor atm.
Unlike saving sounds – where you can send it to the next available slot – saving a Kit will only save to slot 1, and any subsequent Kit saves will overwrite the previously saved one. I’ve lost a few Kits this afternoon when using the OB Kit tab’s Save option, expecting them to stack up, but nope. Gone. Not cool :expressionless:

@colonel_mustard thanks for that info, but I cannot find the disabled software list at the part of system’s preferences you mentioned. What are you doing once you click the lock?

Edit: se.elektron.overbridge.driver is in my disabled software list but I cannot find it on my system. I think perhaps it was from a 1.x install but now is confusing the 2.0 install…

Edit again: In case it’s of use to anyone I had allowed full disk access to the Overbridge Engine in preferences but had not (as clearly stated within the manual) “4. Click Allow on the “Elektron Music Machines MAV” entry (at lower right of General pane) within 30 minutes of the Overbridge installation.” 30 minutes here the key it seems because if one goes to the security preferences thereafter the prohibiting of loading issue is not apparent ie it does not appear.

Up and running now!

1 Like

Have just seen this. Glad you got it working! And that’s a good tip about the 30 minute time limit, I wouldn’t have thought of that.

Thanks @colonel_mustard hopefully it’s helpful to others, I’ve seen plenty of discussion in plenty of other threads of people with similar issues. It’s actually great now…initially I was uncertain I would find it useful, but it really adds so much value to the box!

1 Like

Same here.
I uninstall the 2.037.3 and reinstall, but the Rytm Mk1 with 1.50A firmware shows up one time. Still not working. I’m on Windows 10 1909 (latest version), but it was the same behavior under 1809. Beta works fine.
Stupid shit

I guess I found the issue.
It was an issue with the Dante VIA network audio application. (I have audio network for sync and streaming between different rooms, and a network microphone running)
VIA was running at the installation and there was no promt in the installation window to cancel this connection or application, only when I update from 2.31 to 3.37.3 there was a massage “close Dante VIA” before installation OB.
Windows 10 1909 with OB 2.37.3 and AR MK1 with 1.50A is running … so far.

1 Like

Same problem as you with vst digitone
FLStudio 20.6 / win 10/ 64 Bit

Hi guys, not sure if anyone has run into this problem - I couldn’t find anything through search

I’m getting a lot of noise when multi-tracking my Digitakt via Overbridge. This occurs whether using the core audio or bit accurate option. The noise is constant whether the Digitakt is playing or not (full stop)… but disappears as soon as the Digitakt is disconnected. This is on a blank Ableton session and the noise does increase when using utility.

I noticed that the multi-track outputs are quite quiet and that the internal gain option (0, +4 etc) only affects main out and not individual outs.

Anyone have any ideas? You can hear an example of the noise right at the start of this track.

Same issue here but on Windows 10, the latest version of Overbridge 2.0.37.3 does not detect my A4 MK1 v1.40A, multiple startups of both laptop and A4, switching between Overbridge mode and midi mode did not help. Connection with the Transfer application and Ableton is no issue.

Would love to try out the new Overbridge! Any tips welcome!

AR MK1 with v1.50A does work btw!

I solved the problem and noted it a few posts down…

Obviously this not applicable to Windows but it may help you as it may be a permissions issue as well on your side?

Thanks, but that does not seem to be the issue on a Windows machine because the AR is working fine, it is just the A4 that does not seem to be picked up by the Overbridge Engine app.