Overbridge and bouncing tracks with sample-locks to DAW

I’m an OT user looking at a Dt and I do a lot of sample locks on the OT.
I am assuming with bouncing the 8 digitakt tracks separately via Overbridge, what happens to sample locks?
If I have two sounds alternating on a track, when I bounce them do they end up on the same track (in Ableton, for example)?

Yes you can record each track individually, but it’s on a track basis - so if two or more sounds are playing on one track via sound locks they will be baked into the same audio file.

2 Likes

I’m assuming if you approach it as tracking things out like you would do when recording in a more traditional manner, you could copy the pattern in question to 2 new patterns and remove one of the samples from each, then individually record each pattern as a new track. If you intended to live record a set you would probably be s.o.l

1 Like

Yeah, it’s more for recording in the studio. I got a Push and Ableton last year but i still prefer to write on my Elektron stuff. But just tonight’s session will see me do four passes on the OT and two on the Digitone (all passes through the Heat). Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

Makes sense. I need to study up on Overbridge more. I’m just cruising for another box right now. Digitakt or Syntakt… :thinking:

just a psa about using digitakt single cycle waveforms as a synth

syntakt 12 channels is tempting though,

1 Like

Thanks for the link. Pretty good rundown. I just don’t need any more gear (but all my Elektron stuff works so well together :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

If you have OT already I’d go Syntakt without a doubt. It’s the best elektron box for years IMO!

Same here, if you had no Elektron’s I’d certainly say get a Digitakt, however the fact you have an OT then Syntakt would be the way I’d go.