Overbridge and Elektron Analog Heat

I’m pretty annoyed at Elektron. What I am asking from them is incredibly simple and is supposedly supported. If their audio wasn’t encrypted, I would just write up a third party application to send audio to and from analog heat.

My Goal: to send individual tracks (real time and one at a time) from Ableton to the analog heat, back to ableton. In this way, I can automate single tracks while still having other the other tracks being recorded. My understanding is that overbridge would be the way to do that. But, overbridge is not working. I have done everything in the forums (redownloaded 1.2 firmware for elektron, made sure heat is on overbridge mode, not used a usb hub, etc…) and still Overbridge control panel does not read my analog heat. My audio/midi reads it; ableton reads it; just not the damn software. I have called sweetwater tech support and they have tried everything and still nothing.

I would love a solution.

One possible solution is to bypass overbridge and possible try and just use a 3rd party source that allows me to send audio to and from the analog heat via USB. Thanks!’

When you uninstalled Overbridge to reinstall it, did you happen to confirm that it actually successfully uninstalled? My experience on Windows 10 was that Overbridge would actually error on uninstall, so any subsequent install/repair wouldn’t fix the issue. It wasn’t until I removed Overbridge with another tool that I was able to get everything working.

Yeah, it took me a few try’s. Uninstall, reinstall. Make sure that the usb to the AH is unplugged. Try again. Most people get it working after a few try’s

Try to have some patience. Once you get it working, it will be worth it.

I made sure that it is properly uninstalled and I have also installed (while AH is unplugged) multiple times; still nothing.

If you’re on Mac, I had some issues that sound similar. Turned out it was Catalina security blacklisting the OB driver. There’s an easy fix via Security preferences if that’s your issue. If not, good luck and godspeed.

I’ve tried that as well; security isn’t the issue.