Overbridge Audio Capture Synced Start?

Not new to Elektron boxes, but am new to using Overbridge, so please bear with me. Using Audio Capture standalone, is it possible to “Start Capture” and Play Digitakt at the same time using MIDI sync? Or do I have to physically try and start them at the same time (clicking mouse on computer + finger pressing play on Digitakt in sync)?

If there’s no way to sync this, it makes me wonder if it’s better to just use a DAW to record everything so it will be easier to crop, if I choose to edit in a DAW down the line?

Just wondering if I’m missing something? Thanks X

No, but it is the best way imo to record. Don’t worry at all about it having a bit of silence at the beginning. Since the whole thing is super tight, it’s just a matter of cutting it out in your daw; cut everything together on the first transient (usually the kick, which hits on the one) and then once you made the cut, delete everything before that point, and move all the clips to the start of the sequencer. It should be tight. Beware if you’re on live, make sure auto warp is off before importing or it will mess with the start points and everything will be off.

My only concern is that I sometime start songs with an atmospheric sample in the intro. But I guess I can attempt to get the timing right when the kick does come in later? I think it’s something I’ll just have to play with.

Thank you for clarifying, and the advice!

1 Like

Leave the arrangement for the daw. or have a conditional triggered kick one shot at the very start and you’ll be good to go. Since we are talking multitrack, it does not matter whether there’s a kick which you can mute later when you’re in the daw.

2 Likes

Great idea, thanks!

1 Like

Yeah, just throwing a measure at the beginning with a kick, then cutting that out once in the daw is like the clapboard when you film movies. This is a great approach to syncing audio to video or even other audio.

3 Likes

Great tip, thank you!

1 Like