Overbridge broken since update

Hi,

I’m having a lot of problem since I update DN to the newer version. Overbridge cannot connect to the DN (Doesn’t appear on the list), I tried to solve the problem reinstalling overbridge several times but it doesn’t work. The overbridge engine is the last one too and my Analog Rytm MK2 is working fine.

Hav u rolled back firmware on digitone to see if it works again ?

And … you on mac or pc

I’ve reinstalled Digitone OS two times but didn’t solve the problem.

I’m on PC, I’ve been using overbridge for years now and never had a problem, so I don’t know what’s going on

EDIT: Overbridge can see Digitone, because if I’m on midi-usb, overbridge suggest me to change my Digitone to Overbridge mode to be able to use it.

Did you run the uninstaller first?

Uninstall and make sure no box is connected. Then reinstall. Then connect. There’s also an overbridge update so make sure to install that

1 Like

How i can access the unistaller?

I’ve tried this too, and now I can’t recognize Analog Rytm either

I opened a ticket, so I hope find a solution

It was just included in the installer zip for the latest Overbridge for me

You did use the uninstaller first (without any device connected) and installed the latest version of overbridge (2.1.4.4) ?

Yesterday I installed the latest update of overbridge without uninstall previous one. Today I tried to connect DN and overbridge didn’t show up the machine.

So I uninstall all elektron related and turn off the machines and disconnect from the computer and made a clean installation but didn’t work so I’m not clear what to do now. becaude I’ve been all the morning installing and uninstalling but nothing seems to work.

EDIT: I could solve it! Thanks to reddit, this what I did:

“Open the device manager in Windows and click View and then select ‘show hidden devices’ . Delete every instance of an elektron device into that view. under the universal serial bus controllers section see if there are any failed devices. right click your computer name at the top of the device tree and click scan for Hardware changes”

Next step is to unninstall all related to overbridge, make a clean install, restart the PC, and connect your machines again, and should appear now.

3 Likes