Overbridge / Catalina problem?

Hi guys

Trying to get my Digitone via Overbridge to work with Ableton 10 (Suite) on my 2018 MBP (Catalina) and… nothing. Not recognised as connected, wont even work in standalone. If however i attempt the same thing with my 2014 MBP (Mojave) it works flawlessly, first time, without issue. Ive uninstalled/reinstalled so many times, all OS’s/versions are up to date, have tried with different cables, ive ensured that ive allowed the necessary permissions on installing (the tick-box thing in System prefs), have ensured USB config is set to OB… Is there something im doing wrong? It seems clear to me that Catalina is the weak link here, but there must be something im doing/not doing that will solve this?!

MBP15 (2018) OS 10.15.6 2.6 i7 ,
MBP15 (2014) OS 10.14.5 2.2 i7,
Digitone OS 1.30A ,
OB 2.0.39.10

When installing the drivers did you did the new apple security check

Due to the updated security architecture introduced since macOS 10.13 High Sierra, the system extensions for all newly-installed third-party software will automatically be blocked from running.

Hi Kenneth

Thanks for your response, and yes ive ensured to enable the system extensions in System Prefs. Ive since deduced that what could be a factor is that with the 2018 MBP im using a dock for all peripheral connections (Cal Digit TS3) due to there only being USB-C ports on that machine, whereas with the 2014 MBP im able to connect directly. I wont be able to test this out until i get hold of a USB-C to USB-B cable tho

I have a CalDigit TS3 Plus, OB works fine for me (but I am not on Catalina, still High Sierra here)

ha, well so much for my theory. damn!