Overbridge Core2Duo/Xeon status?

Hi
has anyone on the boards had contact from Elektron relating to OB/AR on these processor equipped systems?
the last communication i had stated that they do not know why it won’t work, which wasn’t particularly inspiring in relation to a patch in the near future or ever
Anyone know if there is a fix in the pipeline at all?
It would be good to know if others are experiencing similar issues running it on these systems or if anyone has gotten it to work and how
I had another go at it yesterday after installing the LiveLite that came with AR and experienced stability for a short period followed by a loud buzzing and loss of connection to AR
After that, full system crashes and it refused to boot back up with AR attached
Macbook Pro Mid 2009 Core2Duo
El Capitain
AU version of plugin
latest OB
AR 1.30D
thanks
D

Hi
I tried to run Overbridge on a Mid 2010 Macbook Pro (Core2Duo), without success and I gave up trying to make it work after the support team told me the system wasn’t fully supported. It’s quite a weird issue since any plugin is running quite good on my system. Plugin in my AK in Overbridge Mode often resulted with Kernel panics, rebooting my mac. I had to be specially careful with the order of things: first launch Overbridge control panel, then plug the USB from AK, then launch the plugin. It worked at first during a few hours but then my library disappeared from the Plugin, and simply changing a parameter on the plugin would crash the system.

Since my system is 6 years old, I thought I could simply upgrade when the next Macbook Pro are released, but it’s a shame.

yeah i certainly cannot afford to upgrade my system just yet
and OB was a core reason for my purchase of AR
so as you say a shame…an expensive one, i didn’t note that the processors weren’t supported as being so used to everything just working on my system
hopefully Elektron will get on top of it
but if only a few are effected then perhaps not…

Hi everyone,
I just got the AK, expecting that I´d have to wait for my next computer upgrade before I could use Overbridge, as I still use my trusty old Mid 2010 13’ MacBook Pro + Logic Pro X.
However, I just gave it a try today with latest fimware and Overbridge.

I am very pleasently surprised that, at least for these first hours, everything works just fine with 6 channels in Logic.

1 Like