Overbridge / DT / External gear sync issues

Hi !

I’ve tried the new overbridge version and I still have the same issue as before, maybe it’s on my end.
So I have a motu ultralite, a digitakt and some external modular gear but everytime I use Overbridge in ableton and wish to record (i’m recording with monitor off in ableton) the digitakt’s tracks are in sync but my external gear is recording ahead (thats weird latency usually makes the recording late).
If I remove the Overbridge pluggin everything is fine, the recordings are mostly in time. (using midi out from ableton to the digitakt)
I don’t know if that relevant but I’m using the digitakt to send midi to the gear i’m trying to record.

I’d be so happy if I can finnaly solve this issue I would love to be able to record the multitacks out of my digitakt and the modular in sync :confused:

Cheers!

Try taking the midi clock directly from the digitakt to the other gear so you use the same chain of overbridge clock throughout.

That’s what i’m doing :confused:

I even tried without latency compensation and tracks delay but then i’ts the ableton sessions that’s not in sync

Well that should make the midi all be in sync…
so must be some serious audio latency could you change some soundcard settings?
how many inputs are going into the motu?
also you could try using the digitakt external input to test if it improves,
then you would know if it’s the soundcard…?

The midi is in sync no problem, I’ve got a few ins on my soundcard, mostly from the mixer i use with the modular.
For now the best solution is to desactivate the delay compensation, then the OB is mostly in time with my audio from the modular exept they are both beeing recorded a bit late in ableton, that makes overdub and looping impossible in ableton.
It’s driving me crazy !

Yeah guess you can switch off the delay compensation when you want to record then turn it back on after… still think might be worth trying to use the digitakt input if you can or at least test…
you will have the same audio latency for both Digitakt and other gear that way if you plug the mixer into that

Oh well maybe I could use the DT input indeed but its not very effective, maybe I’ll be using it only to record, thanks for the tip !

1 Like

Interesting thread - I’m actually having the opposite problem when using modular gear with my analog 4. The cv when I monitor it directly through my mixer (played via the a4 keys is immediate), but it has the expected latency (3ms in my case) when going through my Motu 8A interface. What’s weird is the track sounds on the A4, being streamed via overbridge is immediate.

So I guess I’m wondering if anyone here can help me understand what’s happening. Is audio streamed via overbridge virtually latency free, and if so, is there a way to make it automatically match the latency of one’s main audio interface?

Thanks for any help!

I’d love to be able to do that too !

FWIK, OB is super tight (perfectly on the grid when recording). So if you use other gear with Audio Cables then, of course, you will have to compensate the latency coming from AD/DA conversion (among others). So now, it’s all about setting your DAW. If you are using Ableton, is the Driver Error Compensation at 0? Etc.