Overbridge in FL Studio

Hi guys. This is the first time using the Overbridge, so I don’t know how to set it up properly in FL studio. It works properly for one track, but nothing else works as VST in piano roll unless I do it directly on Digitone, and even then, I can’t record it. I’ve seen some topics related to that here, but it was hard to follow without any screenshots. I would appreciate some help. Thanks in advance!

Yip its possible.

Three ways.

One you can just select the different colour channels in the top left of the piano roll…switch between 1 to 4 and you will have control over the 4 channels…but all 4 channels note data are written over the top of each other so editing notes is harder this way.

Two…is better but more complex to set up, You need to open the settings tab of the OB plugin…and assign the plugin a MIDI in port number. Then add 4 MIDI out plugins tracks in FL and assign their MIDI out to the same port number and set channels 1 to 4…this will give you 5 DN tracks. 1 OB plugin and 4 midi chanels.

The third way is the only way to send MIDI to any external devices plugged in to the DN via MIDI and is similar to the second method yet you assign a MIDI port number in the MIDI settings of FL (not the OB plugin)…and assign the MIDI out tracks that port number instead. This way you can add 8 MIDI out tracks and also control 4 external devices over MIDI, the down side is that OB isn’t controlling timing so you may have to shift the time manually in the plugins…

Have fun and good luck.

1 Like

Thank you so much!!! I appreciate how detailed your explanation is. I’m going to be able to try applying your methods in few hours. I am definitely still a little confused, so I wouldn’t mind having some screenshots, if you are willing to do that. Thank you in advance, I hope I’m going to be able to do it without it.