Overbridge in Logic Pro X AU Instruments

Hi there,

I’m having issues recording my Digitone within Logic Pro X. I have Overbridge installed and it works fine with my Digitakt but when I connect my Digitone it doesn’t show any Digitone plugin when creating a new project and a new track within the menu Software Instrument > AU Instruments > Elektron. Within that menu, only “Digitakt” shows up, nothing else.

I tried re-scanning LPX plugin manager but no success there - also my Digitone does show in the Overbridge Engine (Status “Idle”). I do not have the Digitakt connected when I try this, only the Digitone.

Any guesses? Thanks a lot

Have you checked if the DN is in OB mode ? Tried another USB port ? Tried the DN alone ? Updated both OB and DN OS ?

Have you installed the AU version of the Digitone plugin? When you install Overbrdige you get a choice of which plugins to install.

I was only trying with the DN alone and I did double check that it was on OB mode - I’ll check if my OB and DN are up to date, maybe that’ll solve it!

Hey, sorry for the late reply, I only tried that now - I redownloaded Overbridge but it says “Overbridge is already installed. Please use the uninstaller before running the installer again.” - is it what people do when having more than 1 Elektron machine compatible with OB? I can’t remember if I had to chose a specific plugin when I had to do it for the Digitakt

Maybe try it? I’m pretty sure you need to select which plugins to install but I could be misremembering.

To simplify debugging a bit, you don’t need an Elektron device to be connected to see the respective OB plugin. You only need the device connected + Overbridge running in order for the plugin to work.

If you’re not seeing Digitone in AU Instruments->Elektron in Logic then it’s likely an installation and/or permissions issue. Re-installing seems like the right first step.

If that doesn’t work, do you see Digitone.component in /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/?

Hey, sorry all for the super late reply - didn’t have my Elektron devices with me for a few weeks. I ended up uninstalling/re-installing OverBridge and turns out it does ask which plugins need to be installed which I totally forgot since the first time I installed it, so thanks @spikysimon for pointing me in the right direction!

1 Like

Glad it worked out in the end :slight_smile: