Overbridge into tracktion, missing sounds?

I was recording my DT+DN into Tracktion using Overbridge and routing the DT through the DN.

At first, I was recording 10 separate tracks (8 DN + 2 DT) but notice I was losing all FX. I read here that this is normal behavior. Then, I recorded directly the two main outputs into two tracks; once recorded and exported to a MP3, I noticed the bass line (one of the sounds in DN) was completely gone.

So, the weird thing here is that if I listen this MP3 file or the recording inside Tracktion using headphones, the bass line is there, but if I use any speaker (I tried a computer and two different smartphones) the bass line is completely gone.

Any clues how is this even possible and/or how to solve it?

I’m including the MP3 in case you want to try:

I’m using both DT and DN streaming audio over USB into Ableton.

The way to set multitrack recording properly is to create a new audio channel track in your DAW for each of the 8 DT audio tracks and then add the master track which should be streaming only the FX section. To achieve the last bit you need to edit the audio routing settings in your DT to send only FX and Amp to master our (mute all 8 audio tracks).

Same setup for Digitone.

Also don’t route the DT through the Digitone, create them as separate audio track groups in your DAW. Stream them separately over two USB ports.

Watch this video https://youtu.be/LIipfVrCi-E

Thanks for your answer, @Timewalker.

I’m still tweaking the setup to improve sound quality, but it seems that this particular issue has nothing to do with how I was recording the different tracks.

I’ve just been applying a too restrictive low-pass filter to the bass sound, and the result was a sound that was perfectly audible when using some (better) speakers, but apparently missing when using other (worst) ones.