Overbridge recording issue

Hi There,
I ll try to be short clear and efficient in my request :

I ve got an analog four running via OB through Ableton Live 9.
I try to record on an audio track in live my polyphonic chords with delay fx play on track 1 of the analog four.
Problem : when i play back my record on Live either my polyphonic chords and fx were not record.
it play dry single note instead of chords and my fx are gone.

I screen shot my over bridge setting for the voice routing just for you to know but i m pretty sure i ve done right regarding the poly setting.

About the fx i watched the dataline video where he suggested to create an fx audio track in live to mangle the fx with the dry sound of any of the 4 tracks but for me i just want to record what i play on my A4 chords poly and fx right into a single track in live and not dealing with an extra fx track.
Basic stuff i guess.

Hope i m enough clear

here is the screen shot :

click on the first picture to zoom in.
it seems to be a bit large to appear correctly right away
thanks

You can’t record FX and audio on one track as the FX are send effects and only exist on the main stereo output. If you genuinely only want to work with one track, route everything to the main output, forget about multi-tracking, and just record that.

super

many thanks

1 Like

i still have a question regarding your answer.
when you say route everything to the main output. is it in the menu i can achieve this thing ? will i still be able to transfer my all in one audio track via the overbridge usb cable or do you mean i have to connect my physical audio connection output on the back of the machine to an external audio interface to be able to record my effect and audio in on track shot. ?

i hope i m clear in my question.

No, you don’t need to use cables. You would just only enable the main stereo out in the OB control panel and make sure that in the voice routing in the kit settings, all your voices are routed to the main output.

Do you understand what I mean?

oh ok ya it’s clear .
man you are very quick . thank you very much. i appreciate.
do you by any chance work with modular too ? like connecting your a4 with module type of stuff ?

Hey man I run modular with my A4. Maybe able to help out.
What’s up?

I run a few semi-modular synths via CV from my A4 - Mother 32, 0-Coast etc. I am sure between Psyclone001 and myself we can help out.

hy guys,

i want to jump on the modular world and i was wondering if it is a smart move to buy an analog keys who ll be connect to a modular rack of effects like on the picture

using the oscillators of the keys with the 4 tracks output connected to different effects module to mangle ans twist the sound

or buying a real modular rack with 2 oscillators, lfo and enveloppes some effects.

another question when you run via cv your modules, your a4 is still able to play his own internal 4 tracks in parallel or you have to choose between cv control or 4 internal track running ?

hey btw where are you coming from guys ?

cheers

christian

1 Like