Oxi One Hardware Sequencer

thank you, to clarify what feature i was referring to specifically, I added this link:

(at 15:30)

I’m convinced (and know) feature wise, the Oxi blows the circadian out of the water - but this feature in particular makes the circadian attractive to me. I own a squarp pyramid and the zoom functionality puzzles me as I easy lose sight of where I am in the bar… which is addressed nicely by the circadian, by simply aligninig the 8ths vertically and leaving all the estate on the right to up res the sequence

3 Likes

Gotcha! That’s a nice feature. There isn’t a 1 for 1 translation of this feature in Oxi, but again my answer is Oxi’s multitrack seq… the playhead for each track can move at independent divisions of your global tempo… a visual example (each row is a separate mono track)….

Beyond that, there is an ‘extend’ tool that is essentially a ‘zoom in’ if you have already recorded something and want better resolution with the same ‘overall timing’.

Extending a track turns this…
Into this…

5 Likes

oh, i’ve seen this pic already :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

This was a fun one to make :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That is so cool! I’ve backed and paid for my unit and I didn’t realise it could do that with the sequencer play head moving around like a snake. :smiley:

1 Like

The Oxi Pipe (Eurorack CV/Gate breakout module) is officially part of the product now!

6 Likes

great news.

Now lets go with the velocity sensitive pads :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ended up not backing but hope to pick one up later. In the meantime is there any way to achieve this live jamming effect with Elektron gear e.g. an Octatrack?

Oh, that’s unfortunate :wink:

You’d have to specify what “live jamming effect” is. In the video the most powerful thing IMO is unquantized polyphonic MIDI recording and motion recording CC parameters, the rest is regular muting/soloing drum tracks.

1 Like

I love jamming with my Digitone using the Keystep to record notes into the tracks. While Digitone is looping it’s page(s) you can keep adding notes, replace notes and even make rests when just holding the keys (with short release sounds like drums, keys or bass).
But the Oxi does a lot more of course.

1 Like

Kinda wish I woulda got on board with this thing. Oh well, just keep my eyes peeled for one

1 Like

I think it may just be the perfect sequencer for the EssenceFM…? :smiley:

2 Likes

Certainly looks like it wouldn’t suck :slight_smile:

Recent ‘strum’ discussion in the microcosm thread reminded me that it is not such a common found feature on any market…
Add oxi to the list of ‘strummable devices’,
or…would they be called….
‘Strum machines’…?
I’ll see myself out :rofl:

6 Likes

From them :

Hi everyone!

It’s been quite a while since the Indiegogo campaign ended and we’ve been a bit inactive on social media. This means only one thing: we are 100% focused on production and meeting the delivery date.

With that said, I’m pleased to introduce to you the new buttons layout and case design. Some decisions were made based on feedback from the community.

• New Mute button, for this specific purpose replacing previous Shift behaviour making it more intuitive :slight_smile:

• Back button, to improve UI navigation.

• New Mod button for a new external modulation menu

• Cv and Gates convenient repositioning

• Added OXI Pipe HDMI connection

• Thicker grid lines, still subtle but with better visibility.

Production updates:

• New case samples have been ordered

• Production moulds for the new silicone buttons ordered as well

• Other electronic critical components like DACs and LED drivers are already in our possession

If you have not preordered and you would like to do so, please contact us replying directly to this email. Despite the components and manufacturing costs increase, we are offering OXI One for 550€.

Remember you can also join the discussions in our forum. We will be replying all your questions.

Have a nice weekend!
All the best,

OXI Team

10 Likes

It just keeps getting better! A little glimpse at the new euclidean capabilities that were recently added to the Oxi One.

10 Likes

Wrote over a week ago to find out about pre ordering but never heard back :frowning:

2 Likes

What about? OXI ONE, Powerful Sequencer & MIDI Controller - OXI Instruments they have a link to preorder on their site.

2 Likes

I just received an email announcing Euclidean feature and a link to pre-order.

2 Likes

Cool, I’m pleasantly (not annoyedly) impatient to get mine in-hand :slight_smile:

3 Likes