Oxi One Hardware Sequencer

My reading is they just might ship the first one before 2021 is done:

We have been working really hard and pushing ourselves to be able to start shipping before 2022. Today we’re happy to announce that this is going to be possible!

We’ve just received the cardboard boxes and next week we will get the foams to ship the first OXIes in good condition. A last minute operation !

On the other hand, last week the factory sent us the first units of fully assembled electronic boards. Thus we could start producing and testing the first OXIes, around 90 at this moment.

3 Likes

Both here.

which one do you prefer and why? I’m mainly interested in a sequencer as an ‘idea/inspiration’ creator so that I can focus on sound design instead of coming up with melodies/sequences

I only have the T1. I have backed the Oxi One but it’s not out yet so I cannot say which one I prefer.
But… I think I may prefer the Oxi One since it has traditional sequencing which the T1 does not have. That’s what I’m missing with the T1 but of course you can just use it along with a traditional sequencer. Usually I want a precise bass line and I had to work pretty hard on the T1 to get what I wanted.

The Oxi One is probably easier to use with all those buttons and I find the chord mode, looping and Harmonizer really interesting. It will have Euclidean sequencing too and it will have CC modulation which the T1 does not. Check their videos for these.

The T1 is pretty unique though and full of happy accidents and can do some interesting and beautiful musical patterns. I know the Torso team are working on firmware updates with new features and I’m sure they’ll continue to do so, so it will keep getting better.

2 Likes

Don’t forget-

“In January we’ll produce up to 200 units of the OXI One as well as the OXI Splits and also, the OXI Pipes! And by the end of February everyone should get their OXI One.”

2 Likes

So with the full Oxi One launch imminent (end of Feb) I find myself considering where it’s going to go on my desk and what role it will play in my setup. I think for the music I am currently making (techno) the sequencer types, CC control, polyrhythms and generous grid layout will be awesome, and for my funky house tunes the ability to automatically slave/lock/transpose a bassline to the key of the chords being played on another sequence will be incredible. Plus wireless MIDI and a battery are like tasty buttercream icing on a moist and delicious cake.

3 Likes

Happy New Year!
I got my Oxi One a few days ago and I love it!

13 Likes

Congratulations! I decided to wait until they get the case ready for shipping but so happy to see Elektronauts receiving theirs. Excitement is reaching fever pitch for me. :smiley:

2 Likes

Cannot wait to get mine. Holding out for the travel case, split, and pipe. February will be here soon enough. Looking forward to seeing what people do with their oxi one.

3 Likes

Really excited to hear some stuff you come up with!

2 Likes

Thanks Snipe. I did record a short video with a track but it needs a little more work. Really looking forward to work with it :smiley:

2 Likes

Excited for all of you with an Oxi on the way! It’s the real deal. I’m lucky enough to be a beta tester and I feel like it’s the perfect mix of innovative, intuitive, and performance friendly. For me it feels like an instrument that enables creativity and rewards experimentation - I keep on discovering new sequencing and performance features I love that make me want to shift my elektron based live setup to be based around the Oxi instead. Or merge the two - Elektron sequencers still do a lot well (conditionals, fills etc) but melodic step sequencing and chord sequencing is actually enjoyable on Oxi even when live.

I also think the form factor and I/O options are really what take this from good to great. I think you’d be hard pressed to find something as powerful and flexible at this size and price point. I feel like it takes the gap in the market the Beatstep Pro and SQ64 try to fill and does it 4x better at only 2x the price

7 Likes

If you want to chat about Oxi stuff you can now also join the new Matrix room here: https://app.element.io/#/room/#oxi-Instruments:matrix.org

5 Likes

I really should just preorder one of these damn things and get it over with. No other sequencer interests me as much

7 Likes

It is sublime with the EssenceFM! Having much fun with it.
It is still a little buggy but the Oxi folks are working hard to get bugs squashed.
I hope to have a video ready soon.

7 Likes

First messing about! It was a bit easier than I was thinking it would be to work through the UX/UI stuff. Excited to dive deeper.

8 Likes

Nice! Hope to get one of these as soon as they’re available!

2 Likes

Full version of the track. Using a multitrack to control the machinedrum, a mono for the intellijel palette, a chord for one channel of the digitone, and a poly for the second (the lead, melodica sounding thing). I did a pretty big write up of my XP with it over the week on the OXI forums, but am happy to answer questions if folks have them.

9 Likes

Patiently waiting for one to be delivered with the splitter, and the Pipe.
Not seeing a lot of content on YouTube, or Instagram, except from Federico, also known as Oora.

Is is really complicated, challenging to use ?
How do the grid buttons feel ?
Do they feel stiff like the Torso T-1 ? Or are they soft and pliable, like Synthstrom’s Deluge ?
I actually think Squarp Pyramid buttons are also kinda stiff.

keys are more like the Deluge, occasionally, because the keys have modes, It misses a keypress, which is annoying.

Its not super challenging to use, but there are some UI workflows that dont feel great.

However there are some modes that are incredible (the keyboard modes are all pretty nice, with the Chord keyboard mode killing it)

1 Like