Oyaide Cable

hi! I have bought a digitakt 2nd hand and there was no USB cable in it. I have one at home but it’s a Lacie cable from the 2010’s, not sure if it’s a good idea to use… there are pretty high quality cables eg. Oyaide from Japan.m which I considering.

Does it matter whether I use the og elektron one or other cables?image

I have got the exact same Oyaide cable, and it works well with the Digitakt. In general, you should be fine with whatever cable you get, as long as it’s not bottom of the barrel.

1 Like

It’s just a usb cable.
If the ends plug in then use it.

3 Likes

And the usb-c end is no issue? (Stock cable is usb2.0)

Don’t waste money on expensive digital cables, anything but the cheapest will do the job exactly the same as something with a ‘premium’ price tag. Cheap ones tend to suffer with plugs failing and occasionally cores going down,

1 Like

Ok thanks, good point. But will the usbC-usbA work tho? Vause stock isn’t usbC

I’m unsure what you mean? You just need a cable that has the correct usb type connectors on each end. As @re5et said, as long as it plugs in it’ll be fine. You’re Lacie cable should work fine. I use old printer cables, whatever’s laying about. In fact an only grey usb cable that came out if a skip gets used more than any of the others I’ve got.

What are you worried will happen by using said cable?

Just make sure the USB juice isn’t leaking and you should be good to go.

5 Likes

I got some of that USB juice on my shoes once, had to chuck 'em away as it ate right through the leather

2 Likes

I have had issues with Machinedrum Mikro3 being finnicky with usb cables. It simply will not work at all with the Electron USB cables and only likes the ones that came with it. I have no idea why.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I’ve heard that can happen. I would worry that if some of the USB juice got into the OP’s Digitakt, that it might start corrupting it. Like, all LFO’s are random, or “Control All” becomes “Control Some Of The Things, Some Of The Times”.

1 Like

Well, do you have a USB-C port on your computer?

We use ‘crossover’ Ethernet and RS 232/485 cables at work for some specific purposes, maybe your Mikro3 relies on something similar with its usb cable? If that is the case it sort of makes mockery of the universal bit in usb😂

1 Like