Pad controller for Digitakt

So my Faderfox MX12 doesn’t seem to want to pass my squid sequencer pads through the FF to the digitakt. I’m using the MX12 to control the levels of the DT tracks with the faders. But I can’t get the FF to pass the pad data as mentioned. So is there like a midi splitter or something I could put between the FF and the DT so I could do this? I’m not sure why this is happening. I’ve tried everything.

Setup
Squid Midi out > FF midi in > FF midi out > DT

Thanks

Might you plug the MX12 and the Squid separately into a MIDI Solutions MERGER box then MERGER Out to DT? Mind you, I’m not at all familiar with the two units.

Also, there are the iConnectivity X-series MIDI interfaces which allow one to selectively route and filter signals In from source devices and Out to destination devices.
The mioXM could be a solution to your problem too, just more expensive.

If your problem has something to do with conflicting clock signals from more than one source, then you might have to use a combination of MIDI Solutions and iConnectivity devices as I have had to do.
Good luck!

You definitely shouldn’t need a merge box to do this with the faderfox.
I don’t have the MX12 but it works fine with the UC4.
The MX12 is capable of merging the incoming MIDI with the MIDI generated by the faders.
You will have to select the MIDI ports in the routing section of the setup menu.

so I have the squid going into a 1x4 midi thru box actually. The midi ports on the FF are already setup as the faders are working. I have midi ports 1-6 working with the FF, it’s just not receiving the pad signal from the squid

Hey Joe! This is something I have been working on, well, instead of the faderfox PC12, I just have an old piece of Evolution UC-33e, which I use for fast acces to filters and FX on the digitakt, and also the Toraiz Squid to expand sequence possibilities

In theory, " The purpose of MIDI Thru is to pass (or pass through) an exact copy of the data present on the MIDI input of the device

So here’s my current setup

UC-33e Midi Out > Toraiz Squid Midi IN
Toraiz Squid Midi Thru > Elektron Digitakt Midi IN

This way the Squid is working as a bridge without loosing MIDI OUT 2 properties.

Hope this works for you as well