Pattern chain issue

Hello Elektronauts!
I don’t know if it’s the right spot to post this, but I was not able to find the needed information.

I’m experiencing some weird behaviour with pattern chains.
To simplify the explanation let say I have 2 patterns:
Pattern 1 -> CH.LEN 64 / M.LEN 256 (I tried INF as well)
Pattern 2 same settings.

For some reasons, when chaining like so P01 > P02 > P02, I do have 1x the first pattern, but then I get 5x the second one. I thought in the first place that it was due to one of my track being scaled to 1/4, but that track is actually in both pattern,only in the 1st one it was muted. But that reasoning made no sense, so I tried copying the pattern 01 to pattern 02, same behaviour.

Even weirder, when chaining other patterns after, the second pattern would play even more.

Any one has an idea?

PS: I just noticed that it does this only with pattern 09 no matter what I put on it, which makes the behaviour even weirder…

In pateen length you can adjust master length

I know this already.
But the behaviour should be CH.LEN taking over M.LEN if shorter, no?
It works perfectly for the first pattern, changing after 64 steps, but for the second one which should play 2x64 steps, it plays 5x64

I am happy my answer (after not correctly reading your question) did help you :slight_smile:

Btw i think master length is leading anyway

Well, actually not solved …
I didn’t notice that what I did brought the master length back to 64 steps.
That’s the reason it actually behaved well.

For information, the CH.LEN is supposed to take over the M.LEN
cf. manual:

M.LEN (Master Length) controls the number of steps the pattern plays before all tracks restart. An INF setting makes the tracks of the pattern loop infinitely, without ever being restarted. Note that this setting also affects for how long the active pattern plays before a chained pattern starts playing. The CH.LEN parameter overrides this if its parameter value is less than the M.LEN value

Then I still don’t understand why it doesn’t take it over…