Pedal For Deep / Dubby Techno

My favorite delay is the EQD Avalanche Run. Simple but complex, sounds great.

I bought mine in the UK for around £745

1 Like

It interrupts your audio stream randomly with pithy observations on your character

“Call that a filter sweep?! I could do better with my hands tied behind my back!”

1 Like

I had the Benidub Echo for a short time. Sounds lovely but I ended up getting the Echosystem for more versatility and midi control.

1 Like

I tried the Boss Space Echo recreations recently in the Roland store, both the smaller RE-2 and the slightly bigger but much smaller than I thought RE-202. Super impressed with both, really quick hands on and easy to sculpt sounds. I have an original Space Echo RE-201 and although different, it felt of the same world. Definitely worth checking out, solid boxes, good price.

2 Likes

Strymon El Cap gets a lot of studio mileage for me and can be clearish or grackled to heck. I particularly like that it’s tap tempo because it’s super nice to have your delays sort of close but not perfect in terms of timing.

I just picked another one up as a present for a friend but I’m actually considering just keeping it so I’ve got 2.

I’ve had a Boss RE-20 since they first came out but I just find it kinda boring and lacking the immediate magic of ElCap

3 Likes

Echosystem into Ventris reverb

I really like my polymoon and am looking to upgrade it to the lvx. It doesn’t do the traditional tape dub thing exactly but the phaser and flanger and the ability to morph into a reverb are all great for dubby techno. It also has algorithms for doing trippy pitch stuff on the taps. The sound is more future than past so it depends on what your goal is.

1 Like

I concur on the El Capistan. I’ve got two v1’s and love them. Interface means a lot and I really get along with the feel of the whole thing.

1 Like