Per track length - ghost trigger

Hi,

Had a chance to read/search the forum and looks like this is a common issue with scale per track

Apologies for the rough formatting, I’m on an iPad at work.

Can’t remember the exact settings on the individual track length page but I believe it’s:

• individual track length page
  • pattern length 16
  • scale 1/2
  • ch len (can’t remember, think it’s infinite)
  • m len (can’t remember but it’s a multiple of 16)

I’ve created a template track so that steps 1 - 8 are active and looping over a 1 bar loop over the 8 triggers.

Steps 9-16 are available for assigning samples / p-locks etc to copy and paste to steps 1-8. An idea I got from a user on here when working with sample chops.

However, despite my length being on point the sequence will play whatever is on trigger 9 once the sequence loops… Just 9, not 10-16.

I’ve found a workaround by making the trig condition for step 9 “fill” and when copying step 9 to step 1-8 I clear the trigger condition.

I have the same issue when I reduce the pattern to shorter lengths (I.e. for experiment sake if 4 trigs long then step 5 will play at start of the loop once it gets there).

The loop of one shot samples is in standard 4/4, no quirky rhythms or time signature.

Micro timing is neutral, the offending note isn’t being triggered.
The offending trigger I can hear does not flash to indicate it has been triggered which makes me think this is a bug, thoughts?

There are no retrigs active.

Before I submit a ticket to Elektron, I’m hoping it’s just user error I can’t figure out, I’m at work but will try to film the issue tomorrow if the error doesn’t make sense as written here.

I’m new to the elektron environment and so far it’s ticking all the boxes, it’s awesome, I can live with my workaround but hoping for an “doh/aha” moment.

Thank you so much for any help.

J

Hi and welcome! It’s a bit of a head scratcher to me, but I’d first try changing the master length and change length to 16 if that’s how long the pattern is supposed to be. If you’re able to post a video, that might help. Are they all red trigs (as opposed to yellow)?

Hi, thanks for the reply, here is a video of the issue, quality doesn’t seem to be as good as I hoped, but you can make out the important stuff:

Unexpected notes

• working on track 8.
  • len 16/16
  • scale 1/2x
  • ch len 16
  • m.len 16
  • kick on trigger 5 and 9
  • pattern loops 1-8
  • trigs are all short
  • no retrigs
  • microtiming ‘on grid’

All pointing to a bug, I’ll log a ticket but looks like my issue or similar pattern length scale issues are evident in the digitakt and other devices.

Vid link broken?

Hi Garf, working now?

yes, vid works now, was able to test on my DT and it happens here too - def a bug :upside_down_face:
also tried the same on the analog keys, no problem there though.

using your example, what’s weird is you can microtime step 9 all the way to the right and it will still trigger, almost on step 2.

1 Like

Thanks for checking!

My workaround as mentioned is to set trigger 9 as trig condition “fill”.

No real workflow killer, just a dab of the trig parameter once assigned.

1 Like