Performance Mutes on Digitakt

Hey Everyone,
So I have been wanting this to be implemented into the digitakt for AGES and by the looks of it, a lot of people have.
(Digitakt MUTE features)
Before people start saying it does have “mutes”, I know that. What I am talking about here is the ability found on Rytm & Octatrack that allows you to hold “func” and then press any tracks you want to be muted WHILE STILL HOLDING the function button and once you release it all the selected tracks mute. This is so clutch for performance and live play and I REALLY would love to see it on the DT platform.
I know about the purple and green mutes and yes I can hit each one individually, but what if a drop in a track is coming and I miss one of the tracks because I have to simultaneously press like 5-6 tracks. Drop ruined!
Please let me know too if anyone has found a work around or something other than the pattern mutes.
Thanks ahead of time!!

There’s already a feature request thread, and I’m sure a number of request based around this functionality have already been posted. No need to create a new thread for a feature request.

1 Like

Literally looked everywhere for this thread. Where do you find these request threads for future reference? I am fairly new here so my knowledge of the forum is not vast. Sorry about that!

None the less, this threads started already so if there is a work around or something similar to this I would love to hear other peoples ways of doing this. Its been a few years since I have had the digitakt and wasn’t implemented the past 3-4 updates so id love to hear work arounds if there are any!

The only workarounds I can think of

1. use FUNC + YES save pattern / FUNC + NO reload pattern, with different track mutes set on either side. Probably imperfect for what you’re describing though.

2. use separate patterns for separate sections of a song (but also imperfect if you need those precious patterns in a live performance)

I personally don’t mind just whacking the mute buttons - you don’t always have to be clean :slight_smile:

2 Likes