Pete Townshend

Lots of interesting info here:

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing!

What a tool - advising people to chew solder (even jokingly) to get high and disabling right click and copy-paste.

1 Like

Who?

5 Likes

Just disable JS:

““Fiddling with three makes of Synthesiser and twenty brands of tranquilisers. If nothing else, the past year’s preoccupation with electronics has bestowed on me an inate love of wire. The sight of a Moog Synthesiser smothered in patch cables brings me to a state approaching orgasm. A 13 amp plug starts my heart beating faster, and the inside of a television set is enough to reduce me to tears. My latest addiction is chewing solder. What a high man. Really burns me up. Keeps my mind in flux. Never get stoned on a dry joint, chew solder. Yuk.” [The Pete Townshend Page Melody Maker March 13, 1971]”

The cringe is strong with this one…

He should check out some hentai. I hear they have some pretty sexy cables tentacles.

2 Likes

Listening to Pete’s early demos, I’m impressed by his talent.

3 Likes

That tongue-in-cheek chewing solder one is quite out of place, the rest of the page seems serious and a lot more interesting.

2 Likes

I bought 5:15 when i was kid which was used as the intro to Quadrphenia later.

“Eno was in the audience realising he could make music without being a musician”.

This line is really inspiring.

Both Pete and Roger still look and sound great. Rock on guys.

1 Like

This Roger ?

1 Like

I used to drive the sets for The Who on their world tours. Great days.

Til I found out some things about Pete Townshend I didn’t like, and all I’ll say is - and I said it to his face - where is the book?

5 Likes

I wonder how his research is progressing

3 Likes

Roger still has the voice. What a great pair this team are.

Many years ago i got into an argument online over this. Did it happen? I never found out.

:zipper_mouth_face:

For the ones that, like me, don’t have a clue, here is some source.

3 Likes

at the end of the day…when all’s said and done…d’ya know what I mean?

1 Like

Tidy

I just thought the info about what he used on each song was interesting. Geez Louise.

3 Likes