Photography geeks, gather round!

Those are some great colors! :heart_eyes:Are they camera jpgs or did you process the raw files?

I had a Gr II for a couple of years, sold it because I never warmed up to the 18mm focal length, but ever since the gr 3x was announced I’ve been tempted to get one…

Thank you!
I slightly processed the raw files in this iPhone app called RNI films. But I guess with a bit of in-camera tweaking I could get similar results.

1 Like

nice. I particularly love the last one of the train. them colours are lovely

here’s a few of my grIIIx shots.

9 Likes

I’m checking out and likely buying an XT-4 today. It’s a great deal and I want a camera for my upcoming trip to Japan plus I’m tired of just taking photos with my phone.
I used to love lugging an SLR around. The shutter died on my old one, so I’ve been without a camera for a few years. Time to get back into it

2 Likes

I’m about to shoot my sister-in-law’s wedding and paring it down to just an Olympus m4/3 body with a couple of primes (Oly 45/1.8 and Sigma 60/2.8) and an iPhone, the newest 14 Pro. Been trying to get a feel for how the portrait mode works… never been a fan of “fake bokeh”, but I’ve gotta say on the right subject it does a decent job.

This is the kind of thing I’ve used a Fuji X100 or Ricoh GR for in the past… hard for me to argue for keeping those around anymore.

7 Likes

Wide angle is pretty sick on it too.

4 Likes

nice.
I went thru a few camera phones over the last year.

xiaomi 12s ultra [1" sensor, leica lenses & colour profile] -
had a really nice feel to the shots. it’s 35mm b&w crop mode had some lovely vibes. here’s a few shots I took with it [no editing]…

then the vivo x90 pro+ [same 1" sensor, zeiss optics + 50mm & 75mm lenses] -
this yoke was wonderful. the processing is extraordinary.
here’s a few portraits I done with it. no editing again, just a bit of contrast & saturation in camera…

sold em both as they’re whoppers to use as an every day phone. I miss their cameras tho.

8 Likes

Really nice rendering on the last set!

2 Likes

This has got to be the best value lens in all of photography, price/performance wise

1 Like

Agreed.

some sigma56mm stuff I took today.

9 Likes

These two, plus the iPhone, are all I’m using to photograph a wedding tomorrow.

5 Likes

happy shooting!

2 Likes

Thanks buddy.

1 Like

3 Likes

14 Likes

beautiful shots :fire:

thx !

I got into Polaroid 600 a year or so ago, but more recently picked up a very cheap 1930’s foldout camera which takes 120 film. It was functional but expensive in terms of shots (got a great one of York Minster) so I got some old cameras from the former DDR (also cheap) and started shooting 35mm black&white. I’m still practicing and getting to grips with things really, but given my day job outreach role, it affords me a lot of opportunity to document parts of quite an old city as the seasons gradually change.
I think so far, my favourite film is a hand rolled Lithuanian experimental film with about 29 shots I
per roll which uses an emulsion originally developed (pun intended) for aerial cartographic purposes.

Imgur
Imgur

9 Likes