Plagiarism

Imagine being able to get away with pulling the wool over most peoples eyes this long…

1 Like

The video cited is 15y old and hurts the ears, but here it is.

1 Like

I was accused by my 7th grade English teacher of plagiarism. I was a slacker student and we were submitting poetry to this periodical that Princeton University published of middle school poetry and my teacher couldn’t believe what I wrote and accused me of having a student who payed attention of writing it. It was eventually determined that it wasn’t plagiarized and was the only poem from my school which was accepted but the whole thing left an indelible mark on my soul. Oddly, the teacher contacted me like 15+ years later asking what I was up to, telling me that I was one of his favorite students etc.

3 Likes

You still have this poem?
Wish I could write poems…

1 Like

I hate that shit. Backhanded guilt because they know they were wrong. But at least you finally got the respect you deserved.

2 Likes

You should post the poem… I could run it through this, make a track…

1 Like

I wish but I burned everything in high school and forget why. The poem was about the poet Shelley as I use to go into the woods and read his poetry and laten to The Cure :joy: Never wrote anything notable after that as I sort of lost my mojo.

1 Like

You didn’t use shit… it just morphed into music… it all comes from the same place.

2 Likes

Damn, I can immagine how that must have felt.

That´s really cool! Although a little late…

1 Like

That would be fun :slight_smile: maybe I should get my pen out and write a poem about writing a poem as a tween and being accused of plagiarism. It’s bizarre how much crap we hold onto which holds us back. I’m sure everyone here has some comparable story about someone trying to crush our spirit in adolescence. Anyways, didn’t mean to hijack the thread but whenever I hear the word that’s what I think of,

1 Like

I know… its like they go out of their way to steal your shine… Like it takes effort to get in your way… at least for me. Thats why i dead people too QUICKLY.

Just go Sith and let it fuel you

1 Like

But… it also makes me wonder how many people’s shines I have stepped on over the years. Bitterness begets bitterness if we don’t shine a light on our own.

3 Likes

A Jay Z diss thread? Let’s go!!

5 Likes

Thats what I mean! Thank you. I had family always bringing me down… then I made the terrible decision to walk away, and my life changed dramatically for the better… would have never got into music and art with out getting away from all that negativity.

Now I create everyday. Its beautiful! (The experience, not the tracks, lets be real.)

2 Likes

hahaha

I forgot what the thread was originally about!

2 Likes

It’s the Elektronauts ethos

4 Likes

It takes so long to unlearn things especially feelings.

1 Like

I steal stuff all the time :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I often wonder if the recorder is used at schools to dissuade the majority from pursuing music as an active interest.

They just want drones.

I should have put - “a Jay Z diss thread” in the title but then he might have me wacked.

1 Like