Plaits au revoir firmware update

Has anyone installed the firmware update to Plaits that Emilie posted? Looks tasty, but I am also a chicken.

6 Likes

Not yet. But I only got my module last week, totally new it. Aparently there was a bug in the new firmware, but that has been fixed.

Cant say a bunch of DX7 algos appeals to me really, so not sure if I’ll ever update. There’s already a lifetimes worth of synthesis in that module as it is.

1 Like

I played around with it this afternoon. The new algos sound awesome.

1 Like

Thanks for putting this on the radar! I use an alternate firmware already with piles of quality of life stuff in it. Hoping there’s a merge of the new stuff into it in the future. It looks amazing and it’s awful kind of Emilie to release!

4 Likes

I did yesterday. Killer update.

Just put it on there. You can not brick the firmware updater itself, so if something goes wrong, just do it again.
The Update process through audio is kind if ugly and there is something going wrong most of the time because of bad levels. Just correct them and start again. All fine.

2 Likes

I agree with this, and luckily I have two Plaits. One I’ve left with the OG firmware. There is sooo much to explore in this module, and I’m not really a big DX fan myself.
I did spend a night going through all the DX sounds,and toyed a bunch, but honestly it could take years. But- I have some time off of work for the holidays and I’m going to give the Mutable patch bank editor a try. My plan is to upload these, and then get funky using Volts per octave from my sequencer to control harmonics. Should be pretty cool.

What a coincidence that my Plaits on reverb finally sold this morning. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wasn’t aware of this update. Just installed it and the amount of new possibilities is great! Slight little tweaks to any of several knobs can dramatically change the sound. Such a thoughtful gift from Emilie, and I hope she’s doing well in her new pursuits.

2 Likes