Play MD with v-drums TD-3?

i would like to connect a roland v-drumkits, model td3, to a machinedrum (mkIIuw).

reading the td-3 manual, i see the base channel is always fixed to channel 10.

the pads send out midi note numbers such as 38 or 82, etc.

question: how do i map the correct note numbers in the global setting … the notation is different, alphanumeric, D2, E3, etc.

I have a MD UW and been trying to play it with an alesis DM10 and have not been able to figure it out… I’d be interested in finding out how to set up the MD to get this done.

I as well would like to hear from someone who plays the MD with pads. I was very surprised that I could not find a single video on YouTube of anyone playing the MD with an electronic kit. I’m kinda surprised Elektron hasn’t shown this capability in a demo video.

I did a project over the summer with a drummer who was using a pretty basic Simmons drum brain (with pads, and piezo triggers on his acoustic kit), and there were no issues. Just midi out from the drum brain to the midi in of the MD. I don’t have access to his kit any longer, but I can try to answer questions…honestly tho, it was as simple as plugging it in and playing.

As for people using the MD with electronic drums, Kamoni comes to mind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bokToqFV-Fc

You may need to change the MIDI note allocations/assignments within the MD’s global settings. There should be more about this in the manual, but delve into the Global menu, go to MIDI, and find a page where you can assign machine triggers and pattern triggers to different MIDI notes.

Cool! Thanks. That never came up on any of my searches.