Please allow signatures

I really miss having signatures on here. It allows for sharing your music and finding other people’s music a lot easier. I know I could go into someone’s profile to see their links, but doing so is a bit backwards when it could’ve been a lot easier accessible in someone’s signature.

Also, it’s a lot easier to “advertise” for the right kind of people. Say I’m specifically interested in drum n’ bass. If someone has a signature saying “Check out my latest drum n’ bass tracks - soundcloud.com/drumnbassjunkie”, the chances of him/her getting more plays and listeners is greater if he/she has this in a signature rather than in a profile, seeing as the signature has the benefit of being descriptive as well.

So, all in all, by not allowing signatures on here, you’re making it a bit harder for the people on here to share their music - which is a shame, in my opinion.

Please bring back signatures. :slight_smile:

By the way, i’ve just checked you websites, and you make a very very nice work. I like it a lot.

Can we ban hammer people dick wagging with gear lists in their signatures? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

• 1 for signatures :slight_smile:

I think we should stick with the audio sigs. I preffer it without text signatures, especially long ones. I’m often reading through forums where the majority of text in a thread is all signature: 1 line replies/comments followed by 5 lines of signature. This is really annoying especially when using small screens or 3G etc. It’s just messy spam, just because it’s users own adverts for themselves doesn’t make it any less intrusive. Why do you need to advertise in a discussion, just use the “our music” section.

Signatures will most likely not be implemented I’m afraid. The ambition is to keep the look of the forums rather minimalistic.

I find the current solution with a minimalistic soundcloud player on bottom of each post quite smart. But then again, I’m not that much interested in generic genres. Something like “New Dope DnB Track” usually puts me off rather than it gets me interested in hitting the play button.

Besides, everything is about self-marketing these days and all these forms of people commercializing their creativity really makes me rather sad. Nothing against networking and learning to know interesting people, but pls, not in the form of adverts and the language that comes with it.

+0 for signatures, nothing wrong with the profile page imho
the forum sub pages are very minimalistic when i browse from my ipad, a page of space before a thread title :wink: - see below
Anyway, Jon, or an Elektron colleague, any chance chiming in on this thread :slight_smile:

there’s a whole bunch of issues whilst browsing from ipad btw

the forum sub pages are very minimalistic when i browse from my ipad, a page of space before a thread title :wink: - see below
Anyway, Jon, or an Elektron colleague, any chance chiming in on this thread :slight_smile:

[/quote]
Yeah I normally browse from iOS on an iPad mini and it gets really hard to tell if its done loading or not.

Thanks a lot, man, I really appreciate it. :slight_smile:

Well, what I posted about DnB was just an example, and kind of besides the point (as far as “generic” genres goes). But from personal experience, I’d rather check out someone’s tracks from them having a more personalized link to it in their signature, rather than in their profile or through posting in the “Our Music” section, which is so busy that most stuff just drowns in there anyway.
The way it is now, with the Soundcloud-link at the bottom, it’s just very random, and there’s no real incentive for hitting “play”, as you have no clue or frame of reference as to what you’re hearing. I don’t think I’ve ever used it because of that.
As for the forum being harder to browse if signatures were added - maybe so, but I don’t think that would be primarily down to the signatures. It worked just fine over at the old E-U, whereas this forum feels very cramped and small in comparison.
But oh well, it’s a pity. :thinking:

yes, your right !

One thing I really like about this forum is that there are NO signatures!

[/quote]
Yeah… We’re painfully aware of this. It will be fixed.

that’s good to hear - it was the other thread (linked) which was more bothersome though ! cheers