Please stop logging me out automatically

I do not like having to log back into the forum every week, especially since I usually have 5 tabs open and they all need to be refreshed separately, plus I keep having to look up my password from an Elektronauts email. I’m on a desktop, not a laptop, so when I hit ‘keep me logged in’ I basically mean forever.

Automatic signout makes sense for some security-sensitive things like email or online banking, but honestly I don’t think that the risk of having my computer stolen by kitchen spammers is very high.

+1, but in the meantime, maybe try saving password info in your browser? (I use Chrome and to re-log back in is a two click job, no typing).

+1 on turning off auto log out

It’s actually a security risk, since the site is not encrypted and the password is sent plain text each time you need to log in. A steady cookie session would provide more security and convenience as passwords won’t need to be sent each time you revisit the site. (as it also would be with stored passwords in the browser or any password manager)

I had the password stored in my browser, but whatever is stored is not the current password, which is not as convenient to update as a first-time password. I’m not sure why the old one stopped working, I think it was related to the end of the Elektronauts beta period.

But this is beside the point, which is that it’s jarring to switch on the computer in the morning and have all the forums seemingly unread, only to discover that I have been automatically logged out for no reason.

outlogging is weird … happens … i recommend lastpass for password issues in general :wink:

There’s no need for it to happen, is my point. When I see a checkbox that says ‘keep me logged in’ I expect it to actually do what it says unless the server has crashed.