Plock'ing inputs volume/compressor?

Is there any way to plock inputs settings (volume, pan, send) or compressor settings?

When I try to plock any master setting, it doesn’t move :frowning:
This would allow some nice effects/breaks.

it’s not possible natively as the master track doesn’t have its own seq. you might be able to do this via midi loopback tricks though. should be lots of info here already, try searching ‘midi loopback’.

1 Like

MIDI loopback is your friend!

If you want some “intentional” movement in your compressor – you can turn down the volume of a track on the AMP page or its main level. That way, the sound is not present in the main mix, but it would still trigger the compressor, if you select it as the compressor’s source.

Complicated wording, I hope you understand what I mean.

Thanks for the quick answer. I get I’ll go with midi loopback then.

Just want to confirm this works, I’ve been playing with MIDI Loopback sending to the DT’s FX channel this week, and you can definitely change input volume and pan and sends, and all compressor, reverb, and delay settings, as well, all in manual MIDI appendix. Wish there was control of individual tracks’ volume, too, but the “pattern volume” controls overall level.

Can you modulate delay time?, short delay with a bit of movement sounds great.

Yes! For true chorus effect, though, you have to use NRPN for the right amount of movement, but CC values are enough to do other delay-based effects.

1 Like