Poly Effects Beebo (was Digit and Morph)

yes, connect M IN across the bottom to M OUT and you’re THRU.
make sure MIDI THRU is ON in the prefs menu

Nice, thank you for confirming.

I’ve had trouble using the mutable instruments rings port on the beebo, as I always found it sounded out of tune with everything else, even with the frequency slider being in the default position. It turns out that instead of the default value of 30 for frequency, a value of 35.5 actually corresponds to a C for whatever reason.

1 Like

i really hope the next update offers a mode with less digits after the decimal point across all modules. as it is, a bunch of modules i feel i can’t use in a dynamic fashion, due to the values being used too fine and even using the fine knob, it can be finicky. I find the only way to get solid values is to input them manually.

i don’t know if/how this would be achieved - maybe an option for 1/2/3 places after the decimal - or somehow effect the knob control values to be larger or smaller increments, (like holding down shift on many devices gives you whole values, or pre set increments). or a mode where the left knob controlled the whole value and the right knob controller the decimals. in any mode you could still manually input precise values when needed.

my hope is to have an option that worked for everyone. so those that want ultra fine have it, but those that don’t, don’t have to use it. it’s an amazing device, but i find things easier to adjust using an external midi controller, than i use the knobs on the device. or I end up setting and forgetting.

:thinking:

Yes, I agree, some settings like midi channels should just be integer values.
The more I use the beebo, the more I love it, even though some quirks show up from time to time. This might also be due to user error. For example, I like using the mutable instruments tides port to modulate synths or effects within my beebo patches, but sometimes I’m having a hard time to figure out what’s going on when changing modes on the tides module. A scope like in vcv rack would be great for checking sequences or LFOs, but I guess it would be pretty taxing on the CPU.

Edit: So at the moment, I basically only set up patches where all the modulation is self contained within the beebo as I often lost sight of what was going on or forgot how I set things up when controlling values with midi CCs.

2 Likes

My Beebo ended up as part of my Eurorack rather than as a Guitar pedal so I sold it and am ordering a Hektor…doesn’t seem to have been a lot of news on production since Xmas (still showing out of stock) I guess parts are hard to get at the moment!

Is there a effect that can emulate the SP404 vinyl sim? The pitch warble/flutter noise and filter? Or at least warble and filter? Noise can be introduced in the MPC.

Yes, one of the latest updates introduced a vinyl sim effect. Much more parameters to set in comparison to the 404 though.

How much cpu would this take? Still enough to run a parallel chorus/delay/granular reverb path?

Ideally I’d use 2 different stereo inputs and outputs and use it as two different units, one to replace my 404 (as fx for my MPC) the other to be my synth fx.

I use my 404 to run my keyboards through and to sample through into my MPC solely for the vinyl sim. I also need a new multi effect, and would hope to sell the 404 and do it all on the beebo. Simultaneously.

Edit: on second thought, just gonna use the 404 for what it does well, and use the Beebo for more crazy stuff

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cf5OcYfL4vx/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Seems like there will be a polyphonic fm synth and a strum module in the next update. Looks pretty cool!

Ah I misunderstood the wording I thought the graphic was for there upcoming pedal! A poly FM synth would be great!

I read that as the fm being a new pedal?

The description states “a polyphonic synth module (for Beebo and Hector)”.

Seems there will be a 6? Op fm synth and a strummer module in among other general improvements in the next update, which will be coming “AFTER” the release of a new pedal . Both takeaways are exciting. Definitely been suss that something big is in the works as the Beebo/Digit has had insanely regular updates since release… then nada for the last 6 months.

Been thinking around a small battery powered rig with a Blackbox, Bluebox, 2 Beebos and maybe a Nord Drum 2 (though it doesn’t start with ‘B’)… a built in beebo poly synth would kick ass in such a setup.

1 Like

Ohh… this is interesting news. I’m trying to downsize my setup so the big question is whether someone will take my Beebo off my hands before this firmware comes out and I decide that it something else that needs to go from the setup…

got it for my wife to use the loopler module, but she has become uninterested in playing her guitar for the time being, so now it just sits there, waiting…

Looks like it may be a port of Dexed

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind a port of dexed in the beebo. And the strum module looks like it’s good fun and a nice use of the touch screen.
Also, I’m very curios to see what these complimentary pedals will be. Maybe something to control the beebo and hector rather than a new fx pedal.

I sold my Beebo and bought a Hector when it came out (as I was mainly using the BEEBO with my Eurorack anyway) but at the time I suggested to they make a ‘portable’ Hector/Beebo hybrid…A Hektror in a box but also with 1/4 inch jacks audio and maybe rechargeable battery powered! The ultimate desktop instrument/fx box that can also integrate with CV… best of both worlds

1 Like

Is anyone using Beebo as 4 independent effects in parallel?

I’ve been tempted to grab one for a while as a pedal gap filler.