Polyend Play

I would then hope that it can handel longer loops as it feels like the one show sample machine market is kind of oversaturated

1 Like

From Instagram :
-all made on one piece of gear?
-nope, but it was polyend stuff only;)

Maybe the tracker sequenced by the new product ?

AFAIK the Tracker can’t be seq externally but it could be the other way around with midi sequencing by the Tracker. Medusa 2 looks more probable ? :smiley:

But the other teaser videos clearly shows it running several sequences in different directions

2 Likes

Personally, I really hope Medusa 2 (with 4 or 8 parts with wavetables & DFM :nerd_face: ) instead of a sequencer but in the Isobutane video, it clearly seems to be samples for me :wink:

Or a guitar loop and midi sync the rest to the medusa 2 (Yes, I am still sad to not have the opportunity to get a Medusa :D). If the Medusa 2 is Medusa 2 + Seq sequencer tada. I am just dreamin, we will see when it is out.

1 Like

I sorta hope it is seq 2 as I’ve just spent all me spare cash on eurocrack :joy:

1 Like

Yes, that would be a dream machine. The medusa is good synth that I really like but there is a lot of stupid flaws that ruins the experience. Especially the fact that the sequencer has a very good concept but it’s stupidly limited (one pattern per save, no probability, no possibility to chains properly patterns, random modes but with very low controls on the randomness instead of tracker, etc…). So a Medusa 2 with a really strong sequencer could be an instant buy for me haha.

2 Likes

no clock division on the sequencer when midi synced either

i wasnt so impressed with the seq on the medusa, (it was pretty normal/ straightforward)…

so i hope, if this is a sequencer, it offers a lot in terms of play modes, randomness etc that is more widespread within eurorack modules…

but in a straight forward desktop / groovebox piece of hardware.

While we’re projecting all our fevered gear dreams onto this, here’s mine:

A Polyend groovebox positioned squarely between the Novation Circuits and the Akai Force. A simple sampler and VA synth + sequencer in a Medusa-like form factor.

2 Likes

but in this video Piotr is clearly not sequencing anything on the laptop screen, seems like the sound is coming from the beatmachine, and it looks like too many squares to be just a sequencer, looks like it has scene launch capability

3 Likes

That video was new… is it a groovebox? Exciting!

we can only hope :pray:

I reckon it’s a box that algorithmically generates obtuse product teasers.

11 Likes

I really got the impression the Medusa was a one off, at least for the foreseeable future, but a very cool and ambitious none the less

These product teasers are getting super annoying! Just show it already so we can be done with it. :joy:

4 Likes

Wasn’t the Medusa a colab with dreadbox?

yep