Polyend Play

I want it to be a new Medusa, but not micro.
Maybe Master, Mega, Marvelous, Magic.

Yeah, I wouldn’t expect another product called Medusa without Dreadbox input and branding.

3 Likes

agreed. it may take cues from their experience with medusa but I’d doubt it being any kinda mk2 meself.

obviously I’m just guessing too :joy:

1 Like

I had a man-flu fever dream last night that this thing was ‘modular’. It was sequencer but you dropped cubes into it to add functionality such as sampling or a different cube for fm synthesis or another for VA.

The realisation was that everyone on this thread would be happy with this unit!

The cubes were ridiculously oversized for the unit which of course didn’t matter in the dream.

It was only one cube at a time, but I think we’d all appreciate version 2.0 of this unit being able to handle multiple cubes.

7 Likes

agreed, I hope they drop multiple cubes in future OS update

3 Likes

And stack-cube capabilities, ya know for crossmod, feedback etc.

1 Like

Man, yer all a bunch of squares… :stuck_out_tongue:

It has to be said… one can only go so far with square waves. :partying_face:

4 Likes

Was there a Gleaming option?

2 Likes

The teasers are now coming on a daily basis, I am following them on Insta and Facebook as well and they have posted a lot lately. I really hope this means that the release date is really close.

This is the best demo yet, I like the sounds and by the look of it it has the same thickness as the Tracker:

2 Likes

yeah I feel the same. I fucking hate this stupid trend.
I can understand 1-2 days of teasing but this shit is getting ridiculous. Because all this hype is building into a frenzy where people have really high expectations, and the actual product/update/whatever, is a downer.

10 Likes

That being said, I still have the case from my Polyend tracker (which I returned), so … bring it on :smiley:

The form factor looks like a more modern Deluge, so I really hope it has a sampler/synth engine with a step sequencer and loads of knobs to tweak the samples.

If it’s just a drum machine… meh… pass

4 Likes

based on that demo…
its got sidechain compression… and is like a longer version of a circuit tracks/the other one.

will it have 64 note poly, gigs of ram, advanced weird sequencer that redefines the groovebox world…
nope.
though i hope it does.

1 Like

when is the big reveal anyway?

Interesting. They’ve shown enough with the Tracker to suggest they could handle a nice sample/Sequencer groovebox type thing in a more “traditional” approach so hope it’s more along those lines (with synth engine please…) than “just” a sequencer.

Just wish they’d hurry up and quite with the teasing bullshit.

5 Likes

No polyrhythms/meters in the demo. Hopefully it’s included tho. I’m guessing no CV on this one either, so I’m out but still interested. I loved Tracker when I had it briefly.

I think I already commented here last year but I like compact grooveboxes and I thought the Tracker was very interesting but a near-miss for me personally (one dial wan’t enough hands-on control). If they can do something in that format that has a fun/playful interface and it’s in the same mid-range price point I’ll definitely be curious. I think the price plays a huge part in the psychology of this stuff, if it’s affordable and gives the perception of good value then it doesn’t need to be perfect, it just needs to be enjoyable.

I feel like we’re in a good period for this sort of gear, devices that (hopefully) aren’t too expensive but that can get us away from the DAW and the computer screens in general and that can encourage a bit of fun and creativity in a single box. Digitakt/Digitone, Circuit, Tracker, MC-101 etc.

Off topic, but I’ve never considered this to be the case with perf mode and the grid… Although I guess as a continuous(ish) controller, this is the case, or at least with my level of muscle memory.

It wasn’t a major criticism but just a personal thing that I couldn’t gel with. I think the UX and workflow is so important with these things, that’s why there’s so much buying and selling of gear on this forum! Using a piece of gear has to feel right otherwise it’s a chore and not a pleasure.

4 Likes

I think this clip is evidence of the new polyend beatmachine having the performance mode of the tracker :metal:

3 Likes

I don’t mind PolyEnd’s confident stride when it comes to teasing. But I hope they took the class on setup and payoff, because at this point, they’re setting me up to expect a payoff equivalent to Breaking Bad’s finale

16 Likes