Polyend Play

Yeah. Mono is great and preferable in many situations. Not to be able to choose, is medieval.

3 Likes

sorry if this story has already been posted

but im also very curious because i was watching one of Benn Jordan’s live streams and he just straight up said its his favorite new hardware because apparently he’s been testing one… other than that he wouldn’t say what it IS

is he on this forum? id love to hear more btw :rofl:

A bit quiet here lately. Just wanted to bump this a bit :slight_smile:

PS: The Syntakt thread is heating up meanwhile

I’ve blocked that thread … blocking threads is the best thing ever invented.

2 Likes

Jam with the Maschine+ kind of fits the bill as well. Pretty great combo.

1 Like

I am also hoping is a sample device that can work with the stereo samples. A grid interface would be great for this. They could use some of Tracker’s sequencing tricks, but instead of all the info displayed on the screen at once, and the hardware limitations of only two FX buttons, the grid could open this up. Just hold a button on the grid, and tweak many parameters and step FX, kind of like parameter locks.

I dig grid layouts so I am looking forward to seeing what this one is.

Kind of difficult to tell what it’s doing, but it’s in this video as well. Drum machine?

2 Likes

Looks like it’s sequencing which makes my Deluge very nervous

2 Likes

Looks as if he’s using a performance mode at the end there - selecting all the tracks and applying a manual filter sweep…
Could be affecting internal sounds???

2 Likes

Yeah, he selects all the tracks, and they turn blue and he tweaks the filter, which sounds like it affects the drums but not the pad. Makes me think there are internal sounds, and it is also sequencing external sounds.

On the other hand, looking at the setup and video, he tweaks the Yamaha RM1x, the Behringer controller, and the synth as well, so it may be possible he is just sequencing all of them.

2 Likes

definitely looks like drum patterns on the grid. like when you manually draw in drum patterns for multiple drum sounds on the arrange grid/piano roll in a daw

i wonder what the green columns are on the right. like a launchpad chord mode or something. maybe individual drum tracks laid out like ableton’s drum rack. that doesnt really align with him selecting all on the far right column though, which it does seem like

that blue mode looks cool, whatever it is. it inverts the playhead sort of

It looks like the green columns on the right are track modes for things like mutes, selecting the entire track, maybe reverse?

The more leaks the less interest… but still curious…

Hey PolyEnd, check out Elektron’s ongoing launch of whatever they got cooking and take notes. A lot of notes.

4 Likes

TBF, this might just be some sounds with no information for weeks. Maybe Elektron has been taking notes from Polyend. I guess we’ll know more in half an hour or so…

Edit: it was just some sounds, no info

Polyend should send some lucky posters a history of their trademarked names and let them run wild with that for 6 months

2 Likes

Yeah, at this point, I’m wondering if anyone’s taking any notes at all. Just because you get away with bad marketing doesn’t mean you’re doing something right. These products sell despite the PR clowns at these companies, not because of them.

6 Likes

:cricket:

A newer shiny thing appeared.
Then another new shiny thing will appear.
Then another
Repeat x 10,000000000

1 Like

They are learning from the Syntakt “big reveal” and developing new strategies for Progressive Ambiguous Disclosure.