Polyend Play

I’d bet a potato on a stick.

5 Likes

All contemporary Elektrons have that!

Thats a CGI made by the youtuber!!! Look at the comment by Polyend!

:rofl:

1 Like

Freaking love it. Was thinking of making a video for people who use samples.

It can slice in equal parts. It can auto slice based on transients. It can slice manually. It can SAVE slice info in the wav file.

You can so some crazy modulation on those wav files too. Including scratching. Check out my channel https://youtube.com/user/alecsbuga

5 Likes

would love to see a samples video on it from you

will check out the channel

1 Like

I’ll probably always be super excited about anything Polyend puts out.

When I got the Tracker, it really changed how I thought about grooveboxes, and made me realize that I want my hardware to basically serve one core function: to get out of my way when making music. The Tracker does that for me.

That’s something that the MC-101, MPC One, Model:Cycles, M8, Circuit Rhythm, Roland Verselab and Pocket Operators couldn’t do (for me).

I’ve been thinking about this for awhile… WHY does the Tracker feel this way, when those others don’t?

I think it’s two main reasons:

1. There’s no “scene”-level organization. In other words, when building a song, there’s only patterns arranged into a song. Other boxes have something in between that, like a chain or scene or whatever they call it. While I can see the reasons for them, they add a lot to the cognitive load.

2. There’s pretty much one-button-per-function, which I’m pretty sure NOBODY can claim in any other modern groove box. It makes it so much easier to adopt, learn and use. Especially compared to Roland’s menu-divey insanity and MPC’s totally illogical information architecture.

So, in other words, I’m looking forward to seeing what the Play has in store.

12 Likes

Model cycles almost 1kpf is pretty cool though

2 Likes

yawn actually.

3 Likes

Talk about building hype and then letting it fizzle.

This will be a best seller. A standalone groovebox with knob per function and little menu diving perhaps.

3 Likes

yeah looks fun. If it has decent sample mangling powers I think I’d find it hard to resist this one

3 Likes

It has the potential to be the star of Superbooth imo

1 Like

yep.

these so called “online-journalists” often don´t refered to the source. There a some other blogs like gearnews.de etc. who draws the investigations from forums like sequencer.de (which is driven by the same marketing office for thomann) and make “LEAK:blabla” news out of it. That´s crap.

Polyend : Let’s tease everyone a bit
Elektronauts : Let’s find every bit of information on it including Polish interview and deblur screenshots
Polyend : Not a leak, it is a tease guys not impressed. Release on Superbooth like everyone knew it.

Also Polyend, can we put handcuffs on Ben Jordann for fun ?

How f**king dare Polyend make us wait a week until they’re good and ready to formally announce their new device. The sheer audacity.

9 Likes

A week is nothing in the synth world.

But from a GAS perspective, is an eternity in hell.

6 Likes

Comparing it to the Deluge: the Polyend Play seems to have 64 steps (instead of 999 of the Deluge).

That mixer wasn’t real. Just animated next to the Tracker. If i remember correctly the other Tracker on the left was also fake.

1 Like