Polyend Play

If it has the same ergonomy of the Polyend tracker around the Patterns/Song Mode, you can escape so easily from the four/eight bar loop paradigm. If they enhanced the Song Mode to be more closer to the Elektron Arranger Mode (it is already not far), you could really use it like a Control & Command Center.

1 Like

This doesnt trigger any GAS and I am very happy about it.

Not that I hated the Tracker when I had it but I never seemed to gel with it. I have way more fun with the M8.

Also happy with the Deluge 4.0 update at the moment, we will see if the demos convince me to try a Play at some point, otherwise I am good for now.

:elan: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

OP-Z fits this bill, and also why I am interested in Polyend Play.

Details will matter though…

I’d like more than 16 steps, lots of randomisation/step customisation abilities, tracks with different step length, plus a much improved sample workflow/structure and storage, real-time audio/performance mangling a bonus.

There’s the SamplTrek from Sonicware, but they estimate to ship it in September. That will be like a mini portable MPC, and I’m so glad I backed it.

1 Like

You can kind of do all of the above with the OPZ, except it stinks at sample management & storage. Too bad because the App could be super useful in that manner.

I already have my sample library in iCloud drive and I manage it with my app Sample Crate. Imagine if I could tap the OPZ app into that and swap samples on the fly.

You can “kinda” do that actually if you own an iPad with USB-C. Mount the OPZ as a drive and drop the stuff in there. but it’s tedious.

2 Likes

This would be amazing. This, and a threshold trigger for the sampler.

Yep agreed, so my Play wish list is based on what I really like about the OP-Z sequencer (but with more true steps) and a much better sampler.

I sent them countless messages about threshold sampling, dammit.
Even those damn PO’s have it.

1 Like

I don’t know about the sample workflow/structure/storage, obviously, but from what I’ve seen of the leaks and videos so far, I think your wishlist is pretty well covered.

2 Likes

The lack of a screen on the OPZ puts me off though - I don’t find it very easy to remember what I’ve done and a screen is vital for that.

The SamplTek looks very cool but it’s a bit big to be properly portable. I want something I can put in my jacket pocket - if I have to carry a bag, I just won’t take it anywhere.

I wish Akai would do an MPC mini. A phone sized device with 16 pads, a touchscreen and some endless scroll wheels all tied into the MPC software would be absolutely killer.

3 Likes

Don’t forget opz:fragile::ot:sounds bad

It doesn’t sound that bad. The synths are not up my alley but I got ok sounds with it.
I use it with samples anyway.

But the M8 has taken it’s place

2 Likes

tbh I’m more interested in that mixer in between them than the Play itself… might be the 3-band-eq portable mixer I’ve been looking for quite some time. Hope they release that at the same time, or at least some more info about it.

2 Likes

Intrigued also and we will see what it can bring in the table against something like the Raiden RPM-100

1 Like

The companion app for OP-Z is very helpful in this regard.

Nothing, given that the fellow who made the video states in the comments that it isn’t actually real:

Haha no, it’s me just 3D modelling something. However it’s been a popular idea. Maybe it could be something if we ask polyend nicely

5 Likes

LOL

That was cruel.

1 Like

8 Likes

how do you feel about the workflow for purely sample based prod on your M8?

Damn, I preordered from the guy in the alley. Can’t wait to see what shows up.

5 Likes