Polyend Play

Gracias! Not sure how i missed that!

1 Like

seeing this picture it kinda looks like the extended ‘prototype’ for the Polyend Tracker.
:wink:

I like that. Many people use OT as a performance mixer and I think that would suit perfectly.

I don’t know if I need the audio interface, but Elektron is already deep in OB, so it’s inevitable.

1 Like

It is pretty common on guitar pedals to have midi in and out on a single trs socket. That doesnt require anything special.

1 Like

it could be the master transport / clock with a cue button?

Have you met M27 ?

3 Likes

Consensus on the labelling (various contributors) - Polyend Play (was: un-named machine at SuperBooth 21) - #615 by bibenu

1 Like

The tracker on the right looks smaller.

Can we focus on the things that matter? :))

Like the fact that this new Polyend Play device (from what we’ve seen in previous videos) has a brushed metal texture?

Wish they kept the Tracker finish.

Looks interesting!

Feels like they’re releasing a similar product to Tracker but for step-sequence fans.

Makes sense - look forward to seeing a full breakdown.

No jog wheel. Thats a huge leap for Polyend.

1 Like

Are you sure that’s the case? Could be that those we saw in the teasers are not the end product.

Nice rave stuff. I’ve seen it posted in the FB Polyend Tracker group a couple of months ago. Nice little community also, but i kinda unplugged myself from FB

A little while ago due to the pandemic there were also a nice couple of online ‘scene events’ with some enjoyable live performances. Amongst things: a nice dual Amiga performance with a bit of Fx tweaking.

but instead of a dj mixer a regular mixer also could do the job (when not using the fader as an effect but merely as a transition) All you need are your ears and reflexes to cue up the tracks.

I thought i saw the new SynTakt also have a ‘drift’ function which could come in handy to micro adjust when beat-syncing up hardware on the fly / freestyle. Nice feature!

Maybe it’s built in at the bottom of the unit so you can hold the unit with the hands on the side and operate the jog wheel with the tip of your fingers?
They must have one somewhere!

1 Like

It’s kind of funny to think that Piotr himself showed it so clearly in that interview, but they haven’t released it yet.

Ah, right, interesting. Does it alternate between the in and out signal? It sounds like a recipe for congenstion, but I’m not a MIDI engineer. Surprised it’s not more common, e.g. on something like the Bluebox where every mm counts, but I guess it’s probably more cost effective to use the ‘regular’ arrangement…

At any rate, if Polyend start a trend of single-port MIDI with a two-headed dongle, let’s see how long it takes Arturia to implement a version with different wiring.

1 Like

Midi only uses one lead for send, and one for recieve. On guitarpedals you have all these different “midi boxes” that helps with getting you from midi din to trs. It is a bit of a hassle as some use tip for send, and some use ring. So it is the same as with the trs-din type A and B.

1 Like

I’ve already decided I don’t like this kit anymore. I did like it yesterday or if it was the day before, but that was then. I’ve gone through the same phases as when you google a kit, fall in love with it, buy it, try it, realise it’s not for you and sell it. All thanks to the Polyend teaser campaign.

Now there’s the phase where you go “Maybe it wasn’t so bad after all” and buy it again, tho.

6 Likes

Ugh I hate that phase… I always try to remind myself why I was sold the kit in the first place

3 Likes

My worry about this (to the extent that I’m worried about any of this :joy:) is that this might be another four bar loop box. I didn’t like the Digitakt because that’s the direction it pushes you in. Same with the Circuits and the MC-101.

And I really like the current MPC line and the M8 because it does the opposite - you feel like you’re always in song mode (or so I understand about the M8 anyway as I’m waiting for mine).

I want something that you can make full tracks on - and not by pattern chaining either. Sampling into it would be a red line for me too. Can’t be doing with sample management.

I like the sound of a properly portable device though - outside of the M8, there’s really nothing hand/phone sized with a battery and speakers that can do full tracks. Would be very interested in that (although probably less so if I gel with the M8 when it eventually shows up…)

5 Likes