Polysynth Syntakt Sounds Examples

Using my newly arrived Syntakt and a Retrokits RK002 Midi cable (50 Euros) with the x8 note polymux script, I created a Syntakt Polysynth for some of the synth voices (Bits, Swarm and Tone), a bit of variation in the voices and detune, panning etc and it gets very interesting. All recordings are live and just for examples of what it sounds like when you polymux the x8 voices. I will also try the x3 Analog voices to create an Analog 3!!! You can decide how many voices you want in the script, so you could have x4 notes poly synth and x4 digital drums then the x4 analog drums on top.

4 Likes

Nice! I’ve been enjoying this combo, too. Because it took me a while to find this info, I’ll note I found it helpful to find that the PC command on channel 9 lets you change how many channels (starting from 1) are in the polyphony. It also sends CC and MW/PB/AT/BC signals across all channels involved, so those sound macros are perfect for opening the filter or other changes to the sound… Great little device!

1 Like

it baffles me that Elektron hasn’t implemented a round robin poly feature for the Digitakt and Syntakt natively. These are beautiful examples! Imagine how fun it could be to slightly alter each track so that each note is slightly different.

2 Likes

Nice stuff

Just saw that AudioPilz has a video on the retrokits and with digitakt

I don’t want to buy a RK002, but that sound really good !

is a nice demo.

(https://youtu.be/Ui0qPgpb_t0 not bad too)

2 Likes