Possible to remove save project prompt?

Hi! First time Elektron user and been playing with the Syntakt and loving it. Wondering though if there is a way to remove the little prompt that asks to save changes before opening a new project? It only comes up when you make changes on a project and because of muscle memory I’ve accidentally overwritten two of my projects already. Is there some sort of safety option I can turn off to remove this? Thanks!

This little prompt is precisely the fail safe.

Don’t hesitate to duplicate projects you like.
And even backup them on a computer.

2 Likes

You can also lock projects in the project manager so you can’t accidently overwrite them.

5 Likes

My problem with the prompts is that sometimes it asks “Do you want to load new project without saving” and sometimes it asks “Save project before loading?” In which case Yes does the opposite thing in those situations. Makes it hard to build muscle memory because I find myself having to stop and read the prompts carefully, this is probably exacerbated by the fact that I have mild dyslexia. I think locking the projects may be the move for me for now- thanks for the info!

1 Like

Confusing indeed. I’d write to Elektron.

2 Likes

Sounds like a definite UI/UX fail.

1 Like

I followed through with your suggestions and they responded to me surprisingly quick.
quote from the email -

“I agree that the prompts “ANY CHANGES WILL BE LOST. PROCEED WITH LOADING? Y/N” and “SAVE ‘PROJECT’ BEFORE LOADING? Y/N” can be confusing. There is no way to turn these off, unfortunately, but I will bring it up with our design team, and maybe this can be improved for a future OS.”

Amazing community you have here with the Elektronauts. Seems like everyone is extremely cool and down to help :slight_smile:
Thanks again!

5 Likes