Post a track of yours that is the closest to who you are

I think I’ll go with this one… made during a time of peak happiness, so mostly laughing at the darkness.

2 Likes

1 Like

very nice!

1 Like

This was a track of ours released on vinyl in 2002, that unfortunately was crazy overcooked in mastering (by the label) and came out a bit of a mess. Still think the vibe best represented what we were trying to do in D&B at that time.

Edit: Listening back to it now I realize that the mastering wasn’t to blame as much as our mixing. All the main bass and riff sounds were run through a Sherman Filterbank individually creating all sorts of subsonic frequencies stacked up on each other, and with all that going plus the drums it was squashed in mastering into oblivion. Oh well. But the intro and everything after 4:23 pretty much sounds like what we were going for in the studio.

7 Likes

Thanks for this amazing thread!

• I now realize that I got this one wrong. You ask for a track that represents us, instead I picked a song that I can most identify with. But it´s not my own music as I never played in Naked City.
3 Likes

Never released, part of a mixtape. Til 29:00

https://soundcloud.com/monstrohorrivel/oltre-loscurita#t=22:37

Digitakt, Digitone, Prophet REV2, Strymon big sky and el capistan.

1 Like

All the best jokes are stolen from Napalm Death records.

1 Like

I love the way she smelt like dough. Can’t take credit fur the words on that though.

Across 20 years… and I guess a testimony to the maze of a person’s mind and heart :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So far this song comes closest to what I wanted to achieve in my earlier days of music production, organic sounds with some deep deep talking bassy goodness on top, both broken and 4 on the floor rythms in one track.

Listened to this song too many times when I released it, still I think this song represents the best of me so far.

3 Likes

This is a good thread, but kind of tough to choose, as I find myself intertwined with all of my music.

I picked two tracks that represent distinct facets of who I am in recent years.

1 Like

piggy tracker footwork

1 Like

i think this demo track i made is my favorite thing i made so far ,the intro is a bit long but i like it ,unfortunately i lost the kit i made it with when i did an os update,i only have one recording of it so i could resample it. escape from planet amen(DEMO) - YouTube

Some great tracks. This tune combines my love for Islam and Depp Techno. It is what I want to say the most but fear being controversial in Muslim circles. Here it is anyway

1 Like

Laptop Only (2008-15)

Hardware (2015-Present)

1 Like

Beautiful. Just followed on Spotify as well.

Love this.

This is wonderful.

1 Like

I would have to say it’s this one, which is kind of sad since I made it years ago -

3 Likes

Late to the party but loving this! Nice work!

1 Like