Post your artwork here - please read the "rules" : )

Congrats and good luck! Hope everything will work fine for you…

1 Like

That’s brilliant news, I wish you all the best for the future !! And in the hometown of Mika Vainio !!!
I’ve been to Finland a couple of times in Lapland skiing, in Ruka and Yllas, great people over there :+1:

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I’m still walking ten inches above ground from feeling so happy. I can’t believe my luck. Although it’s not pure luck as I’ve worked for a year to get to this point.

Mika’s brother is a friend of mine and the whole scene that birthed Pan Sonic etc. is very very tightly knit and close. This is the city where techno and electronic music scene was birthed in Finland. Even Darude lives nearby, heh. Happy to be able to take part in resurrecting the culture life of my beloved home town after the pandemic eventually loosens it’s grip. I couldn’t imagine a better time to be doing something like this.

7 Likes

Wow that’s amazing, I’ve got the MTV book that I constantly read and look at and am in the process of getting all the back catalog of Pan Sonic and Mika’s music on cd where possible. Amazing artist and so sad that he’s not around anymore

2 Likes

Whoa! So much cool work on here.

Here’s something I worked on that I feel really proud to be apart of. I worked on this with my folks, helping out with coloring it.

Also, its really cool to see my name credited just before Neil Gaiman.

18 Likes

Awesome ! Very inspirational :sunglasses:

1 Like

Books are good mkay…

1 Like

Not me, my GF

7 Likes

This new French cover is neat, too.

10 Likes

Finally browsed some old pics so here‘s some various stuff from back in the day…

32 Likes

Here’s a few images I’ve produced recently. Having lost a bit of enthusiasm for the classic/fine art style of photography, my work has gravitated heavily towards more experimental techniques including multiple exposure and ICM

IMG_9416|500x500

47 Likes

Congrats my friend. It’s very exciting starting a new self-reliant journey. Wish you all the luck.

Non Thread Related

You’ll need to live very thin for a while and change your purchasing habits. Cut out any monthly expenses you can live without ( home and the business ). For instance, when I started up I dropped cable tv and installed an over-the-air antenna. I went from overspending to questioning a five-dollar stapler real fast.

Also, a structured inventory is incredibly important whether it’s handwritten, in a database, or a spreadsheet (Free Google Sheets works great) in retail. I check my inventory often, in fact, I did it last night.

Again, good luck and sorry for the derailment.

3 Likes

Sick…love graff!

1 Like

Some of my girls latest.
I do the casting. She designs, sculpts, molds, and paints. I take the pics too :slight_smile:
(I did the wiring and lighting in the robots. I put a little switch on the back so you can turn em on and off)

27 Likes

Dear, your video on Dwarf Fortress makers is very interesting :slight_smile: Thank you for this.

And… stunning artwork!
It’s vibrant, lifeful.
Mysteriously meaningful.
:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you! Meeting the Dwarf Fortress siblings was awesome. And my work – well, step by step. I have more here, also some Elektron-based music:

Have a great day!

1 Like

Those are amazing, I love the submerged doll.

1 Like

very nice :slight_smile:

have been practicing some drawings (easy lines and dots, tattoo style) and photography lately

9 Likes

These are beautiful.