Post your artwork here - please read the "rules" : )

some of my latest stuff, programmed in touchdesigner :slight_smile:

navid razavi on Instagram: “part_b . sketches for my upcoming av-performance with joel jaffe . made in @touchdesigner . . . #vrtxvoid --- #touchdesigner #modular…”

Only if you promise not to rip me off. In a nutshell I’ve been exploring movement in paint for many years and trying to achieve the perfect line… or the best way of getting from one side of the piece to another in various ways. For a long time I was using scrapers and different tools loaded with oil paint and making marks that way but it was a total head fuck. So many factors were at play including the type of scraper, size, loading of the paint, consistency of the paint, angle, speed and pressure. Making a mark was nerve-racking but I eventually got to the point where I was happy with the results. After that I began using brushes in the same way (really big brushes) but found it’s impossible to make a completely straight line, so after a LOT of trial and error I made a jig which holds the brush while I push the painting through on rails underneath. I call it a painting machine but really I am the machine. It took a ridiculous amount of faffing to get everything working right. The paintings above are made by heavily loading brushes and passing the piece through the machine multiple times. This had an unexpected hypnotic effect which I can only compare to traditional weaving. Once you get “in the zone” hours pass due to the repetitive nature of the painting. These paintings were made in the first lockdown in March and I attribute them with helping me cope with it all. Since then I’ve been using the machine for similar paintings but making them more about where the brush starts and stops adding an extra layer of complexity to proceeding but I’m happy with the results.

More of my work can be found here: www.robpadley.com

11 Likes

You could make a frame with string that’s run back and forth. Dip the whole thing, lower it onto the canvas and drag it a little to get a “stroke” feel. Could use diff thicknesses too.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve been going through some old sketch books from between 2004-2012.

I’d never been interested in sketching or making visual art of any kind really. But i started taking longer breaks from music & found myself noodling for something to do. I haven’t done any other sketching since.

Edit: Apologies for bombarding this thread.

26 Likes

Got into painting and drawing in the last four years. Used to draw/doodle as a teen (50 now). It’s immensely satisfying and as important to me as music making now.

17 Likes

If some of you enjoy :sweat_smile:. Instagram ? @attackdecaysustainrelease or @archives451

17 Likes

The photos for my Atacama LP I took at the Atacama Desert / Salar de Uyuni. On the gatefold cover inside there is a photo taken in La Paz. It´s the view from El Alto.

13 Likes

Ah, I miss La Paz…

I also made a video for this track. filmed at the Atacama Desert and Salar de Uyuni :slight_smile:

My travelings are great inspiration for my music.

So to bring the video in context to this thread. Since the very first beginning working on the album I had the idee to visualize my music with videos. The video shots I used for this, as well as the photos for the cover were taken before the first tone was recorded. So the inspiration really came from that travel. For me the videos are part of the whole album concept.

5 Likes

acrylic, ink, and pastel on canvas

17 Likes

I like! :+1:t6:

1 Like

thank you ! :^ )

Thanks for starting this thread. Some really great work in here. Here’s a sketch from today while staying on Mute during a conference call :shushing_face:

13 Likes

16 Likes

12 Likes

16 Likes

My latest ZBrush Core sculpting session on my other Alias/YT Channel, featuring music made with Digitone and M:S :

7 Likes

Recent graphite pencil drawing (Toad Dreams of the Old Master)

10 Likes

It’s a nice thread, cool to see it creeping up from time to time!

Been practicing these mammal type heads, somehow they found their way into my water drawings. Kinda messy though, haven’t picked up a pen in a while. Hiding lots of errors in the line mess I guess.

pond deer

6 Likes

16 Likes