Post your artwork here - please read the "rules" : )

You are right and the yellow one is special. Because it is yellow.

1 Like

I suppose if I don’t post an artwork I’m just ruining the thread so on the theme of children’s drawings here is a calvin I drew when I was around 6 years old that somehow survived except for the random stain of some sort which we’ll pretend isn’t there.

7 Likes

[quote=“TrabanT, post:1, topic:120069, full:true”]
Please dont just embed links from insta here also dont add any links to your website.

upload something specifically made for us from you, that you want to share.

stay humble if possible

, a hand crafted piece of art with a dedicated line or two from you makes it so much more personal

so tell us why you made your piece, what you want to convey, what materials you used and and and all the other cool stuff you would chat with me, if we were at yoru vernissage or exhibition

1 post = 1 piece

please dont post several pieces … just 1 and a personalized note, ok ?

if u want to share more, make a new post - maybe tomorrow…

(of course link to your site is welcome, but having individual art pieces in this thread makes it an exhibition imho)

:slight_smile:

Paintings
Drawings
Photography
Installations
Crafts
Tinfoil hats
Poetry
Projection mapping
Stitching
Crockery
Plastic surgery
Tbc

Please write a little paragraph about the artwork and your inspiration or intention or title.

Thanks. Looking forward to all submissions

( no cats, no music because those have already sections on the forum)
[/quote]

7 Likes

…and this week I also decided to draw an insect a day for my girlfriend. We’re both nature nerds. Here’s Beetle Tuesday.

5 Likes

it’s getting hot in here, so bring out all your bugs.

I couldn’t find any insects so I’ll stick with calvin for tonight

this is an interesting birding automaton

It’s analog too

A lil animation practice

15 Likes

That’s brilliant!

1 Like

I thought folks might be interested in seeing the third one and the album cover now that it’s out.

12 Likes

The body language on the powerslides is so good, was one specific person used as model for the kickflip? I saw the Heath clip in there and got curious about that.

1 Like

Wow, top shading skills on those pencils!

1 Like

Recent manga practice

7 Likes

I’ll add a kids picture too. Daughter has a proper imagination for left of field ideas.
I said “draw a forest”
I got this:

12 Likes

You are very kind to say so, that is actually done with brush and ink and watercolors as well as micron pens, if you can believe that.

If you’re interested I found this punisher drawing from pretty deep in the archives that’s done in various grades of pencil shading. Was mostly just a light test.

4 Likes

Yeah I edited the live action skateboarding to get some loose timing, and strong accurate poses.
My animation turns out much better when I start from reference.
I definitely used the Heath clip.
After I do the initial blocking pass I stop looking at the reference and just rely on any animation training. Try to really push things in the right direction.
Animation works best when it follows principals of animation, and not a straight copy of real life.

I’d really like to make a short film based on skateboarding and hijinx.
So this was kind of practice to get the ideas flowing.
I need a good short story to tell.
I have plenty, but it’s just about putting that stuff on paper and really flushing out a good idea.

3 Likes

Preparatory work for a thing or a thing.

10 Likes

Earwig phase 2

10 Likes

Those are intriguing… things within things…

1 Like

Not your typical art but this is all I got:

Installed a half bathroom in the basement!

Plumbing:

Drywall:

Finished!

15 Likes

Absolutely stunning!

1 Like