Pre-Condition not working with Probability

Setting Conditional-Trigs as Pre-Conditions does not work with probability. Both just never play, even if the previous does not play blocked by track-probability.

That way random sequences had been possible. Did not check the Neighbour Function, what a shame…well its possible using Fill+Probability, but its not so easy as turning one knob.

Not sure if I got the problem. If i have a trig on step 1 with prob 50% and a trig with pre-condition on step 4, it works as expected (DT 1.50)

1 Like

I’ve read the 1st post multiple times and I still don’t understand it.

1 Like

It’s working exactly as i’d expect

The PRE condition is ONLY evaluated against the previous TRC, this is nothing to do with trig probability in the Trig page

TRC’s (the parameter locked ones) take priority - it is against one of those that a PRE is evaluated - the last one evaluated to be specific

So afaict, given the lack of steps described in issue post, it works fine and as designed

PRE needs any TRC to have happened (True) on the track (the last evaluated one) before it is reached, it can be a trig after it in step numbers

4 Likes

From manual :

PRE is true if the most recently evaluated trig condition on the same track was true. (PRE and /PRE conditions are ignored and not evaluated.)

Ok trying to explain it another way…the idea is to create a more random sequence that just happens if you turn the track probability knob down

All the trigs that don’t play at track probability 100% have a Pre-Not Conditions in it…so they should just play if the previous one does not play.

Its not working that way as both do not play if you set down the track probability the first plays or both dont play.

@ trophoniq …not sure but you have set a conditional trig at the probability of the previous step? Did not check if it works that way, but thats not the way I want it. I just wanna turn one knob to switch between a more random sequence and the 100% Sequence. Its wired I know. :wink:

Track probability is not a condition and thus has no influence on pre/nei conditions.

7 Likes

Ok, seems they exclude each other. However I liked the idea. :grinning:

Thanks!

1 Like

Yeah as others have stated PRE and NEI respond to the previous trig condition. Decreasing the track percentage does not affect the trig condition. In order to do what you want to do you would have to go into grid mode and turn down the trig conditions to a percentage one at a time. Now you can do this for multiple trigs (as many as your digits can mash) but you will have to remember which ones you want to affect and which ones are the PRE.

3 Likes

I was so disappointed when I figured this out. There are a lot of neat little tricks to create mixers/mutes within tracks and I really wanted to us the pre/nei’s as another way to morph patterns

2 Likes

If you get to a point where all the Not-Pre TRCs are not sounding then do a double stop

The Not-Pre trigs will all sound if those are the sole TRCs on a track, if you live tinker on a track and change some TRC’s you can have them be in a temporary truth table state that a double stop will remedy

Those exclusive Not-Pres will be True (on) in-perpetuity and will not be affected by probability on the track - so having this specific configuration is not of any use (those Not-Pres may as well be locked 100%)

It’ll be random if you have no TRCs and mess with probability

1 Like

By double-stop, do you mean trigs on adjacent tracks? Like dyad pair on a guitar? Create a trigless fail on one track to intentialy Pre another?

“Double stop” in this case means hitting the Stop button twice in rapid succession.

3 Likes