Problem sending MIDI from Digitakt to Mininova

Hello,

Apologies if this has been covered, but I’ve just spent all morning going through related threads on the forum and couldn’t find the answer to my problem.

I’d like to control a Mininova via my Digitakt and have it play some basslines for me. To do this, I have:

• Plugged a MIDI cable from the MIDI out on the Digitakt into the MIDI in on the Mininova.
  • Made sure both devices are using MIDI channel 1.
  • Messed around with every possible combination of settings in the Digitakt’s and Mininova’s MIDI config settings.

… and I’m getting nothing. Not a single note, no tempo sync, nothing even being sent from the Digitakt it seems like. Am I missing something glaringly obvious? I don’t need to have a MIDI cable going from the Mininova’s MIDI out into the Digitakt’s MIDI in as well, do I?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Welcome to Elektronauts!

Checklist:

Is your MIDI cable functioning correctly?

Mininova:

In the Global menu, assign MIDI channel to be 1.

Digitakt:

SETTINGS > MIDI CONFIG > PORT CONFIG menu:

• Set OUT PORT to “MIDI”
  • Set OUTPUT TO to “MIDI”

On MIDI sequencer Track A (for example), SRC page, set CHAN to 1.

If you now place note trigs in the DT’s MIDI TRACK A, they should now be transmitted to the Mininova.

No, you don’t.

1 Like

Thanks for the helpful reply! Turns out that rebooting everything once more did the trick, though I don’t know why it didn’t work earlier… Now it’s time to program some basslines :sunglasses:

1 Like