Problem using the werkstatt with analig four mk1

Hi there

I purchased a werkstatt-01 2020 comes with the cv expander. I have tried to sequence the werkstatt by send cv and gate signal from the a4’s cv a/b.
The werkstatt’s vco exp in and gate in are receiving those signal. Unfortunatelyy, there is no sound generated in this setting only if i turn the werkstatt’s sustain or the vca on. I found the gate signal from a4 is a continuous signal which is not dropping after i release the key on a4. The situation makes the werkstatt totally useless since I don’t have other cv sequencer for test. I have also google for simular case while no solution found at the moment.

Anyone has same gear of mine and suffer from these problem can help??

Ask from Hong Kong

Welcome to the forum!

In your Analog Four’s GLOBAL > CV CONFIG menus for CV A CONFIG and CV B CONFIG, what type of signal have you set for the Analog Four to send from outputs A and B?

Output a = v/pitch
Output b = gate

I saw someone on youtube set it reverse, i tried but same result occur

The Werkstatt reacts a little weird in this regard. I tried to control it through my turntable (audio signal gets translated/converted into CV and gate) and have the same issue: the tone keeps playing even though the gate is closed. My other synths work just fine with this setup only the Werkstatt reacts this way. Only when I stop the record the Werkstatt gets the signal to close the gate while the other synths react to closing the fader.

Sigh .

Im thinking of return the werkstatt. It is so weird that video is found on youtube that ppl use it with the a4 just fine.

Sorry to the seller haha😂

I was bummed by this as well but since this little thing sounds pretty good to my taste I‘ll keep it and try to use it in a different way than initially intended.

Agree and good luck to you. The werkstatt is just as cool as the mother32 imo.

2 Likes