Problem with Octatrack

Hi,i’m Marco from Pisa,Tuscany. I’ve some problems with my Electron Octatrack since 2 months but in Tuscany(Italy) there aren’t shops that can fix octatrack’s bugs. The OS is the latest. The machine doesn’t have mechanical or electrical problems, it has two different buttons because of wear problems. I think there’s a crash of the software… I can’t explain the problem very well so i’ve uploaded a video on YouTube. Here’s the link ( https://youtu.be/5X1g7RP4VLo )
When I push the Playback Note button, the machine push automatically other buttons ( i suppose this) and the Exit/No buttons doesn’t work… But it works perfectly in the mechanics and the electric response test is correct.
Anyone can help me? Thanks a lot for the support!
nadalesh

Hi Marco,

Try the ‘ElektronManiacs’ group on FaceBook, they are primarily Italian, so may there is someone in Pisa who can have a look in person?

having the same problem. just happened like out of nowhere.
already tried the empty reset, didnt help.

damn it.

btw. people often write “do a factory reset” but there is no such thing right? theres only the empty reset.

Try creating a new project. If it works in the new project you can probably rule out a hardware problem.

Having problems myself with the octatrack. Buttons seems to be stuck for a sometime and after continuous pressing they might click on/off. Makes the unit unusable. I was quoted €400 plus from elektron to repair it but, that is a ridiculous price. Anyone else had this problem fixed? I’m based in ireland

Hey undergroove, the quote we sent you was including spare parts for the display issues on the Octatrack you reported and new button mechanisms.

If you only wish to get the buttons replaced please contact us again via the support ticket and we’ll send you an updated qoute.

Hey, stop working – it’s sunday!
By the way, I’ve already sorted this out. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hey, stop working – it’s sunday!
By the way, I’ve already sorted this out. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:[/quote]
Alright, I’ll go back into hibernation…

It’s the postage that’s a killer… Nearly 200 just for that… As simon said, mostly sorted.

cheers.

Hi, if i create a new project I have the same problem… how can i do a factory reset? It proabably works? Thanks to everyone for the replies :slight_smile:

• Power off

• Hold [Function] + Power on

• Press [T2] - Empty Reset

If probelms still exist, you can also try:

• Power off

• Press [T1] - Test Mode

• Take photo of your screen and post it here.

Hi,sorry for the late reply.
The empty reset doesn’t work.
This is the screen

and this are the leds on if i press 4 and 5

• Power off

• Press [T2] - Empty Reset

If probelms still exist, you can also try:

• Power off

• Press [T1] - Test Mode

• Take photo of your screen and post it here.[/quote]
    Up
    Please someone help me! :slight_smile:

At this point, I’d say send it to Elektron for a repair. It may be that something is loose inside and is a simple fix, but maybe not.

x2. Like oldgearguy suggests, talk to Elektron and see what they say.

The basic diagnostics check out. You have a “fairly” unique problem that occurs everytime you press the Playback button, that has been replaced. They would be best suited to perform the more advanced diagnostics.

Only other suggestion(s) is this:

Does this beahviour exhibit itself in Midi mode or only Audio mode? Try this…

1. Press [Midi]
  2. Press [Playback]

Does it still occur?

OR…

In the video, Trig #1 is green, Trig #6 is red… are these where the SceneA and SceneB are mapped to…?

OR…

1. Perform an “Empty Reset”
  2. Backup and copy all your data off the Card onto your computer
  3. Format the card
  4. Create a new Set and Project
  5. Does the error still exist? Try again from #3 a couple of times.

If it still happens, maybe also try with a different card… maybe it is a read error because of the card, maybe corrupt sectors, that is causing it to hang like that. Another card would rule out that potential.

The basic diagnostics check out. You have a “fairly” unique problem that occurs everytime you press the Playback button, that has been replaced. They would be best suited to perform the more advanced diagnostics.

1. Press [Midi]
  2. Press [Playback]

Does it still occur?

OR…

In the video, Trig #1 is green, Trig #6 is red… are these where the SceneA and SceneB are mapped to…?

OR…

3. Format the card

If it still happens, maybe also try with a different card… maybe it is a read error because of the card, maybe corrupt sectors, that is causing it to hang like that. Another card would rule out that potential.[/quote]
Hi,thanks again for the answer… nothing of these methods works… i think must contact the Elektron for the repair. But i think it’s not correct that i must pay other money for an octatrack’s bug.I’ve ever used it safely and in the correct way,i don’t know why it doesn’t works… do you know how much can i pay for the repair?

1. Press [Midi]
  2. Press [Playback]

Does it still occur?

OR…

OR…

3. Format the card

If it still happens, maybe also try with a different card… maybe it is a read error because of the card, maybe corrupt sectors, that is causing it to hang like that. Another card would rule out that potential.[/quote]
Hi,thanks again for the answer… nothing of these methods works… i think must contact the Elektron for the repair. But i think it’s not correct that i must pay other money for an octatrack’s bug.I’ve ever used it safely and in the correct way,i don’t know why it doesn’t works… do you know how much can i pay for the repair?[/quote]
Up

Contact us via our website and we’ll help you out.
This machine should be covered by warranty, so you won’t have to pay for any repairs.

1. Press [Midi]
  2. Press [Playback]

Does it still occur?

OR…

OR…

3. Format the card

Hi,thanks again for the answer… nothing of these methods works… i think must contact the Elektron for the repair. But i think it’s not correct that i must pay other money for an octatrack’s bug.I’ve ever used it safely and in the correct way,i don’t know why it doesn’t works… do you know how much can i pay for the repair?[/quote]
Whats up with those square buttons? Who installed those?
It’s not an octatrack bug when someone replaces buttons and drips solder all over your circuits.
Or maybe these are just the caps and no soldering was done??

Sucks, but it would be totally fair of elektron to charge for fixing someone else’s mistake.

Sorry, but I think maybe we have reached the end of the amount of support that one can get from a forum, no?

I hate to say it, but your Octatrack displays symptoms I haven’t experienced before; and additionally you have custom / 3rd party modifications / fixes going on with those buttons…

From a tech support of view, the first thing I would look at after inital suggestions (which people have made), is deeper suggestions (again, which people have made), to what is wrong / different in this scenario: Your Octatrack / the buttons.

Apart from reseting, changing cards, trying to replicate the behaviour with a second Octatrack… have we done all of those?

I think you need to either find someone local to you who has one, to compare side by side. There is an Elektron group on Facebook that is basically all Italian which I linked to earlier, maybe one of them can help?

Alternatively, get in touch with Elektron…